Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. Some of you know I put my truck into a electric poll back in January. Got a new front end Rad, Rad support, Fan Ect Ect. Anyway I was towing today a small boat around 3500lbs or so, Like I have done for years, Most of the time I DO NOT use tow/haul on small loads, I don't like the kick down when coming to a stop. Anyway It's starting to get warm here in San Anton so I was running the A/C. I noticed OUT of Tow/Haul my fan kept staying on longer than normal. KILLING my power. Just wondering for you techs, Does the Tow/Haul mode restrict usage of the fan? Or because this fan is brand new, I am just noticing it more.:dunno:

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: Don't want to get lost in the mix..

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
I haven't noticed any power loss when the fan kicks on, just the loud whirring noise as it kicks in. It's very common here in AZ during the summer time and more so when I have my trailer hitched up. I'm assuming that Texas is also starting to warm up pretty good now and you are just noticing it more.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's, Maybe I am just starting to notice it. Who knows.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just had my clutch fan replaced because it was kicking in when I was just hauling an empty trailer. Then when I loaded the trailer with my loader backhoe about 8,000lbs it was on pritty much all the time, and when it came on I had apsulutly no power. Just a suggestion take it in to your local dealer and have them do a test it only takes them like 5 min. If you need a new one though it is like $200 for the part.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took care of it, But thanks. I love seeing old posts come back:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts