Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've ever had a fan clutch pig tail get taken out by the fan then you know it can be a pita to have to hardwire it in once the engine harness side gets cut from the engine harness. That said after some extensive research and digging I have found both male and female sides of the pig tail plug for the fan clutch. This would allow you to repair your fan clutch without having to buy a new clutch fan or engine harness or have to directly hardwire your fan to the engine harness.

The engine side is the male plug PN: WPT-1136

Clutch fan side is the female plug. PN: WPT-1045

Someone should sticky this for reference as this is a common problem and having the part numbers available to order new pig tails sure beats hard wiring and/or replacing both the engine harness and clutch fan.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
interesting, where can these be appropriated from, or am i out of line here.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting, where can these be appropriated from, or am i out of line here.
Ford just give them the part numbers listed above and they can order them for you.

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
Stuck it Bryan. I just got your phone message a minute ago. Looks like you found it

Reactions: Tuscany

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
these will be bought shortly.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All this good info coming from a guy who can cut out that wiring and not deal with it anymore
The only reason I looked it up is because a little over a year ago my fan ate my harness on both sides and I was forced to hardwire it in. Since going to the e-fans there is a "stock fan clutch emulator" that comes with them to keep the ECM happy and not throwing codes for a failing fan clutch etc. plus the system runs on a 5v reference so I needed to get mine squared away as to not have any issues with it once I have everything together again.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I scoured the web for hours looking for someone somewhere to post up a part number to no avail. So when I found it I figured I would post it here so it could get stickied and people who have his issue can find it with a simple Google search.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They come with the wires built in. They are 8 pin connectors so obviously you wouldn't use all 8 wires but it's not hard to pull the connectors apart. You just have to pull the blue rubber grommet out of the back where the wires are and push the pin lock out through the connector then pull whichever wires you want remove and then reassemble.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So this might be an easy fix to the code I've been getting about fan clutch speed? I've been getting that code lately and from what I've found researching is that I'm possibly needing to swap out the clutch due to the wiring harness going bad. Thoughts?

Thanks for this awesome tip!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So this might be an easy fix to the code I've been getting about fan clutch speed? I've been getting that code lately and from what I've found researching is that I'm possibly needing to swap out the clutch due to the wiring harness going bad. Thoughts?

Thanks for this awesome tip!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No guarantees but it's a cheaper alternative than a new clutch fan. But if it doesn't fix your issue then you've wasted time and money lol.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thank you for posting this. Mine ripped a while back and I have to repair it every so often. I think I have fixed it a few times already but this looks like the solution for sure. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts