Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 F350 with 105K miles on it. Haven't been driving it much, but have noticed that the fan clutch always seems to be on. Seeking insight to see if this condition is a "fail safe" condition, or not. Appreciate any insight. Plus, if you had to have your fan clutch on your 7.3 liter powerstroke replaced - how much was the part, how much for labor? If you replaced it your self - please provide insight - easy, difficult - wished you would have taken it in. In advance - thank you.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
I have the same truck with same miles and mine only comes on right when i start it up and it'll stay on for about 30 seconds into driving it. If it was bad i would think that would be a fail safe mode so that it is always cooling. I know on big rigs when they go out they are stuck on. I wouldn't think replacing it would be too hard. Remove the fan/hub assembly and seperate the fan from the clutch. Just make sure not to tip the clutch on its back. There should be fluid in the clutch and it'll run out if laid on its back if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
211 Posts
bump...im currious 2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts