Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to bring up the point that most family's that buy fords don't go back to anything else!! And I wanted to show you my example of that just look at my sig and you will understand! I have owned Dodge my Grandfather Chevy and my father NOTHING BUT FORDS (when he could afford them!!) And some how my Grandfather always go running back to Ford accually my grandfather is looking to trade in his 04 Chevy avalanche for a f-150 so my point is there is a reason they hold the title of longest lasting trucks on the road(1931 model A):icon_ford:!!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
the pic in your sig looks like it should be a ford truck commercial.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well If I could get my Father to get the 63 restored for my grandfather yeah it would be great!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost to the day that it came off the showroom floor, The A was used in the 30s as a knife sharpening business truck they went to the local butcher shops and sharpend there knifes for a penny a knife (Sounds Cheap dont it) It had a grinding wheel in the bed when my Grandmother bought it in 1950 it sat at the house for the last 10 years (She paid $20 dollars for it) well in the 1960s my grandfather pulled out the grinder found a bed and installed it (KICKS HIM SELF IN THE AZZ EVERYDAY FOR THAT ONE) about the same time my grandmother was heading to work in it a man put on his blinker so my grandmother tried to make a turn he t boned her. After that my grandfather just fiddled with it for many years slowly working on it finally in 94 or 95 (I was only 5 or 6 at the time) he went into a full restoration!!

·
Beach Bum
2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
26,655 Posts
Almost to the day that it came off the showroom floor, The A was used in the 30s as a knife sharpening business truck they went to the local butcher shops and sharpend there knifes for a penny a knife (Sounds Cheap dont it) It had a grinding wheel in the bed when my Grandmother bought it in 1950 it sat at the house for the last 10 years (She paid $20 dollars for it) well in the 1960s my grandfather pulled out the grinder found a bed and installed it (KICKS HIM SELF IN THE AZZ EVERYDAY FOR THAT ONE) about the same time my grandmother was heading to work in it a man put on his blinker so my grandmother tried to make a turn he t boned her. After that my grandfather just fiddled with it for many years slowly working on it finally in 94 or 95 (I was only 5 or 6 at the time) he went into a full restoration!!
man that is quite a history!!! my mom wanted me to get a model T to restore and drive at one point.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the funny part is my grandfather almost made the even bigger mistake of trading this for a model t touring car (luckily he didn't because a year later my grandmother past away and now its more then just a truck)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cant say i ever have

1 - 10 of 10 Posts