Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sub in my truck pops/ buzzes when I start it up or shut it off. It usually has about a 3 second delay before the pop from the key turn. Also when after the truck has been off for a few hours if I go back and touch the Amp it is still hot.

Any Ideas on what is going wrong here? Or how to check for problems?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you change out the radio or still have factory? I have a turn on pop because the aftermarket deck puts a 12v signal and the turn on is a 5v if I'm not mistaken. I read about a fix on 12v forum not too long ago, but too busy/lazy to do it. If still factory, not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still the stock nav unit. I just don't want to pay to have the dealer look at it since its out of bumper to bumper. If I pay to fix it I will put an aftermarket sub in it

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your fix will be a resistor from radio shack in line for the Amp turn on lead. I did that when I had my Kenwood unit in my 08 F250.

If an all stock system is popping, not sure what would cause that.

Did you change out the radio or still have factory? I have a turn on pop because the aftermarket deck puts a 12v signal and the turn on is a 5v if I'm not mistaken. I read about a fix on 12v forum not too long ago, but too busy/lazy to do it. If still factory, not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea whey this would start doing this all of a sudden? Also do you guys' subs pop when you plug and unplug them? Mine does now Im not sure if it did it before the problem or not

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could someone with a factory sub go pull the plug on it for me with the key off in your truck to see if it pops when you pull the plug out and put it back in?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine does not pop when I had it , now it just sits collecting dust, I upgraded to after market

1 - 9 of 9 Posts