Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory subwoofer box in my '08 CC and was wondering what size sub it is (Cant figure out how how to lay seat down so I can see it) and if it is a 10" woofer would it be worth sticking my JL Audio W3 10" in the factory box?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
640 Posts
I beleive its an 8inch woofer.
As for laying the seats down thats strange..... are you saying it wont lay down or you dont know how to lay it down.
make sure the seat portion is down in ready to sit position, then locate the handle on the backrest and slide it forward towards the front of the truck or back towards the back i cant remember which and the seat back will come forward with some help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Factory sub is an 8". Even if it did fit, your 10W3 would rip that little plastic box apart. :rofl:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Factory sub is an 8". Even if it did fit, your 10W3 would rip that little plastic box apart. :rofl:
That's funny! Exploding boxes!:hehe:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wonder if a new box could be built to use a new sub (10"?) and the stock amp :)

that way it would still function with the head unit like stock, but it would have better bottom end (not as good as a new amp, subs, etc - but no wiring!).

·
Registered
492 Posts
don't know if you figured it out yet but there are two levers on the side of the seat. one on the bottom that allows the bottom to flip up and the second one hides behind the seatbelt on the side of the back rest portion. i never looked at mine close enough to see what size so i believe the others that it is an 8. as for the box, i have seen aftermarket boxes for bigger sizes. when i find it or remember wher i saw it i'll let you know. i doubt the factory amp is large enough to push a larger speaker and get any more out of it than you are getting with your stock setup.

·
Registered
148 Posts
5watts going to an 8" vs. 5watts going to a 10" - the 10" is going to be deeper.

Is it going to beat a 10" driven by a Hifonics MAXXIMUS? No (duh!).
Is it going to beat an equally powered 8" Yes.

As long as the 8" and the 10" have similar specs, the 10" is going to go win with everything else being equal. It moves more air (due to its surface area) than the 8" does.

In my perfect world - nothing in the audio system would be OEM. It would all be aftermarket and every set of drivers would have its own amp.
In my real world - the OEM is fine except for the very top end (going to drop different tweeters in the pods and mids in the doors) and the very bottom end (not sure what my fix is going to be yet). I am not after tons of volume or super audiophile clarity, just better overall freq response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts