Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I can get an adapter for my iPod. That solves one issue. But how do I hook up an amp to the factory head unit? I just bought my Alpine a few months ago for my old truck but I really like some of the features on my stock stereo.

·
Registered
259 Posts
you need a line output convertor...Dave Navone is a great place to get one...i have a 4 channel LOC hooked up to my factory 6 disc for 2 amps and it sounds great..

also, fill out your signature or profile so everyone knows what year/model of truck you have..click user cp on the top menu bar and then edit signature on the left..it makes answering questions easier..

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hey checkout rockfordfosgate.com they make a factory hook up deal. Its pretty sweet. Im not sure where i saw it on there, but i know they make something and it looks pretty simple but high quality. Id gie them a call or sed them an E-mail

What features do you like off your old deck that your alpine doesnt have?
I got a Alpine cda-9885 and its makes my old deck look like a pre-school toy!
Id love to help you out, especially if your trying to peice together a stereo. I have 4 polk MOMO speakers i my doors, 3 10" RockfordFosgate PS shallow subs and an alpine 1000 watt amp. Wired and installed everything myself. Have any questions....let me know!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Rockford Fosgate adaptor starts at $400. I like the speed variable volume and the steering wheel control. The speed volume really just has the "neat" factor. And I can buy the adaptor for the steering wheel. I also really like how the OEM looks.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If your after sound i strongly suggest installing your alpine instead... the factory unit just does not cut it when it comes to the highs and lows in music.... But if sound clarity isnt a big deal then go with the adaptor and save some money

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The factory would actually cost more. I already have the Alpine CDA 6883. A pioneer premier amp and the subs. I just need to build a box to fit behind my seat and buy the install kit. But I may want to add the sterring wheel interface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts