Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning ‘18 350 up yesterday. I noticed the chrome bubbling & cracking. It’s happening on both sides & It just turned to 6750 miles on her, just wanted to let others know so you guys can keep a eye on them. So I see I will be calling the Dealership tomorrow hopefully with Pictures they can order a new set so I wouldn’t have to make 2 trips down to them. It’s about 70 miles one way to the dealer I got it from. I don’t like any dealerships close to my house.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My drivers side board is bubbling in several spots on my '17. The dealer sent a warranty approval in and told me its approved now just waiting on new boards to come in.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I haven't seen bubbling but a couple of my "treads" are loose. I forgot to see if the dealer can replace the loose ones. Now I am going to check for bubbling! Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My ‘19 running boards are ok, but my rear chrome bumper has “spots” that are black or grey and look like the chrome didn’t take. Kind poor qc considering what we pay for these things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well was cleaning up pick up for Summer now 3 of my 4 rims have the Chrome coming off around the bead. 12,600 miles on her now.

At first I thought it was something like paint or seal coating. But it’s not.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the heads up fellas, I’ll have to keep an eye out for these issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Mine are doing that too, at 80k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called the Dealership that I took it to about them, they said they were having a hard time with trying to have them cover them. They hold me to take it to the Dealership I bought it from. That will make 3 Ford Dealership’s I won’t be doing service with... 1st is the one that replaced the boards “ it only took them 3 days to replace them “ 2nd was one I stopped at about the Rims “ person that deals with taking Pictures was at lunch at 1:30 & was told I needed to make a appointment for them to deal with it “ 3rd is the one I took it to this time, I’m starting to lose all faith in People to IDK do there Job. It shouldn’t matter who you buy your vehicle from, they should all try their best too get things handled. I can’t help that the Dealership they work for doesn’t carry many Super Duty’s in stock.

This whole Beer BS has everything screwed up with most Dealership in my area having the Service Dept. closed on Saturday & the Wife and I are essential workers. She works in a Nursing Home & I’m a Truck Driver

·
Super Moderator
9,259 Posts
I would go and not take no for an answer. Factory warranty is factory warranty, covered by any Ford dealer anywhere. Otherwise you got to call Ford directly and file a complaint about the dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts