Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
i think rockford fosgate makes something that goes off the factory stereo. Alpine does also.....matter of fact i think there are a buch of people who sell them.

I replaced my deck, monster difference dude.......mine broke really quick! get an alpine with the ipod deal....its GREAT!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
ya the adapter is only like 12 bucks but i suggest getting an aftermarket stereo just for the adjustablity and the subs will sound better. I just went through the whole thing. GET AN AFTERMARKET STEREO. you will be glad you did

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys just wanted to let you know that the adaptor to add rca outputs to a factory radio is called a "line level adaptor" or high level to low level adaptor. Circuit City, Best Buy, and I think Walmart might sell them.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
ya the adapter is only like 12 bucks but i suggest getting an aftermarket stereo just for the adjustablity and the subs will sound better. I just went through the whole thing. GET AN AFTERMARKET STEREO. you will be glad you did

As easy as these trucks are to break into... I'll keep my stocker with the line adapter. Sub sounds fine the way its set up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts