Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can burn a copy of the disk upgrade? I have the blue version and would like to upgrade to the brown disk which came in the trucks a couple of months after I took delivery. Dealer wants $275. with no sympathy that I spent $$$ on the truck a few months earlier.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't want to make any promises but I'm going to look into this and try and get you hooked up.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hook me up too, and I'll make it worth your time.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the response! Any help would be appreciated!
Would you mind explaining to me the difference between the "brown" and the "blue"? I haven't checked mine yet, btw. However, the guy I checked with is quite certain that it can be done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The way I understand it is the color of the disk determines how current the disk is. Mine is the "blue" disk and the "brown" disk is the most recent one with all of the current map additions (streets, POI's, etc..).

·
Registered
118 Posts
My disc is the blue one. Are you still interested in a copy?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thats the copy I have. The current dvd is the brown disk. Thanks for taking the time to see if you could help.
Not a problem. Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
do not know if i can copy the whole disk. the other question would be if the disk is tracked with a certain vehicle and serial number. will try to rip and duplicate my disk and see if i can get it to work.

my other thought was to send you the updated file and replace any outdated information. you might be able to compile the files on the disk and get it to work out.

let me do some work with my disk and see if it can be "backed up" to another disk

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I am interested in this....I would pay a few bucks if someone could copy the newest disk.

I would think that with a program that you use to copy DVD movies that you would be able to copy that disk...

I know I hav ecopied software before such as Adobe Photoshop and stuff.

·
Registered
64 Posts
would only want postage and to be shared back someday.

will play with it this weekend and see if i can get a back up to work.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
would only want postage and to be shared back someday.

will play with it this weekend and see if i can get a back up to work.

THANKS!!!!!! Beers on me...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Factory Nav Question

double post

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
You have DVD43?

Try that...I use it to decode movies sometimes. dvd43.com

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Not sure Ill check but I think
I have the blue one. can make a copy and post....
will post 2maro.
would like the latest one too...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts