Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any of these truck had factory locking lugs? Since my FICM is out I was going to add some stuff to my truck i.e. the levelling kit. However, I took the lug covers off only to learn that there is a locking lug on each side that I have no key to:doh:. And obviously, since I have no ficm I can't hop in the truck and go looking for one. My question is, is this a factory lock that my wife could stop by the dealership for? Or do I have to go on a hunt to the local wheel/tire places looking for the right one when I get my FICM back?

I guess I'm lucky to find this out while it's sitting in my driveway and not on the side of the highway in bfe with a flat, but it's still frustrating.

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I've never seen a wheel lock on a SD. I'd start with the dealer and then if that doesn't work start with the tire shops. Can you post a pic of the lock? Someone here may have a key for it or be able to tell you what you need.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just browsed over on fte and found out that they are factory and the kit part # is 3C3Z-1A043-AA. Now, I guess I need to see if ford will sell me just the key.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The locks are made by McGard for Ford. BUT, without the code, you have no way of knowing which key you need. The kit does come with a sticker with the code on it, check your owners manual or glove box and take a look around the truck to see if someone stuck it in there. Otherwise I think you will have to have them removed and buy lugs or new locks. Discount Tire or similar will be able to take them off for you.

Adam

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my FICM is supposed to be back on monday. So I guess on tuesday I'll be going down to les schwab.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I didn't even realize you were local -- I am in Marysville.

Schwab can definitely take care of you.

I have the four lugs I pulled off when I put my locks on, they will just sit and never get used again-- if you want them, you can have them.

Oh, I also found a surprise on my truck. There is a similar lock on the spare tire, that I don't have the key for. I haven't dealt with that yet, but I'm going to need to soon. You may want to look into that as well.

Adam

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
There is a way you can break off the lock on the spare tire, so you can just use the reguar key. Not sure how to go about it though. :dunno:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't even realize you were local -- I am in Marysville.

Schwab can definitely take care of you.

I have the four lugs I pulled off when I put my locks on, they will just sit and never get used again-- if you want them, you can have them.

Oh, I also found a surprise on my truck. There is a similar lock on the spare tire, that I don't have the key for. I haven't dealt with that yet, but I'm going to need to soon. You may want to look into that as well.

Adam
Yeah, I'm smokey point area.

I appreciate the offer, but I will be replacing them with new locking lugs.

Luckily I found that key for the spare tire rolling around in my center console the day after I brought my truck home, but no key for the lugs. Guess the previous owner still had a use for it or something. Oh well, other than basically wasting my day that I took off work to do the levelling kit it's not that big of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts