Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is a early 99 7/98 i think sits really high i just read on here that the later 99 up rear blocks are 1.5" shorter if so could you change them without new u bolts? and what would a guy have to do to get the frontt down to match. wanting a little lower it kills everyone that rides and i don't want so much fenderwell showing. if some one has the blocks i need that has installed a lift let me know interested.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
It sounds more like an aftermarket lift was installed.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
my truck is a early 99 7/98 i think sits really high i just read on here that the later 99 up rear blocks are 1.5" shorter if so could you change them without new u bolts? and what would a guy have to do to get the frontt down to match. wanting a little lower it kills everyone that rides and i don't want so much fenderwell showing. if some one has the blocks i need that has installed a lift let me know interested.
Count your leaves up front first. If there is 2 you have a stock suspension up front. If more you have a lift. Post some pics of the rear. Also anytime you take the rear u bolts off you should replace them. Especially if they are rusty. Its a cheap precautionary measure that should be taken on these trucks.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Count your leaves up front first. If there is 2 you have a stock suspension up front. If more you have a lift.
I was unaware of this. I was told mine has a leveling kit on it when I bought it, at least in the front and air bags in the rear, but I only have 2 leaves up front. It sits the same as other trucks with leveling kits or a bit of a lift and definitely higher all around than ones I know are stock.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
One way to level it is to use drop brackets. The other way is replacement leaf springs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it has 4 leaves up front i know this aint stock was curious about the rear though. was reading a post yestarday that said the latter 99 and newer trucks the factory block in the rear was 1.5" shorter this is something i would like to have if so getting ready to put 265 tires on her and every early 99 ive seen set up really hight they might not have changed to 2000 dad just left with truck wont get her back till monday ill take some pictures then and try to post.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Where are you located? Im unsure about the block but I have a late 99 so if someone will measure their early 99 ill get the numbers off mine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well got my truck back today measured the rear block almost 4" tall now if someone out there with a 2000 or 01 would be so kind as to measure theres i would apriciate it.:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts