Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fabtech or Top Gun Customz leveling kit . The fabtech is only 2" leveling kit but is placed under neath the coil spring, not sure if im going to like that. i know these trucks are heavy. I also talked to top gun and he said there is a 2.5" spacer that goes on top of the coil spring. What do you guys think is best fabtech r top gun. I need the most clearance as possible. appreciate your opinions, thanks

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,104 Posts
You might have a problem with the axle shifting due to your non-adjustable trac bar, so you may want to look into that. I'm running the spacer on top of the coil and I know my axle is centered, but it tends to "wander" when I'm driving down the road, so now I'm considering getting rid of my coil spacers and going with either a Bilstein or Icon leveling kit and an adjustable trac bar. Good luck.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHOA i didnt think that icon leveling was that expensive. no way im paying that much for 2.5 inches., thanks anyway, how bout a track bar spacer you think that may fix the wondering axle you are haveing trouble with. i heard they sell these track bar spacers somewhere.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
They do...and they work great...theres a guy on Ebay that makes tons of billet stuff...he makes the kits that are billet and go under the spring...he has the spacers you need to get your track bar right...they work...

Theres many ways to skin a cat....you dont always have to go by the book

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kool thanks pahrump. I was also looking at icons website and came across some tei brackets that go under the spring. So if i install my 2.5" leveling spacers from top gun can i also put these 1" brackets from icon and get me another inch, cause my 35-14.50's are gonna be rubbing alot i think with just my leveling kit

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TOP gun customz leveling kit is installed. i am now looking for the track bar spacers recenter the axle. Pahrump im wondering if you can give me a lil more info on getting in touch with the guy on ebay thanks

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
ProComps leveling kit has a trac bar drop bracket and I was thinking of going that route myself but I don't want Procomp products on my truck. The best way to do it would to get an adjustable trac bar.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
just an FYI, I had a skyjacker leveling kit without a trac bar bracket, in time I hit the 'death wobble' problem. Once I went to my 6" lift with trac bar drop bracket death wobble is no more and ride is much better.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys , where can i purchase this drop bracket from?

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
thanks guys , where can i purchase this drop bracket from?
I dunno. It part of the ProComp leveling kit so I don't know if you have to buy the whole kit or if you could just buy the drop bracket itself. I think the adjustable trac bar would be the way to go since it is adjustable. I'm still looking for one and as soon as I find some info I'll relay it back.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2005f250 appreciate it . deff let me know when u get some info on that ,thanks

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I sent you the link in a PM for the spacers.

I am telling you they work fine.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks so much pahrump just ordered spacers, rear blocks and u bolts from jason, thanks again

·
Registered
28 Posts
99 F250 The Split Year! But Top Gun had my Oct98 build date Info!

Guys do not ever buy from Rough Country or Top Gun Customizers. They Lie between each other & will not stand behind there stuff! I got screwed over a 100 & was sold a track bar in the kit that did not fit. Then they said I did not need ever. But before this they wanted me to drill my frame!!!!! We finally got my stock bushings out & put in the new bar but bar was to big for brackets.
Top Gun Lied & Rough Country Lied to Swear by the other.
They would not even take their track bar back or offer. I want the world to know1 Just for info, I have 30 years plus Mechanicin & my friends shop has about 35. Between there lying & the extra time i was out was about 2hrs extra. Plus I had to go to Prestiege Ford & buy another stock one. We like to never gotten the bolt in even with com-alongs. Had to grind a angle on bolt & use a align bar & big F___ ing Hammer.
5 HRS total for a 2 to 2.5 hr Job. It does have a good ride if it wasn't for Track Bar up my A Hole! I had to keep calling Top Gun because they were to busy to return my ph call.
What comes around will go back around

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes` sir
Top Gun & Rough country will have a bad name from Wylie TX to a little past the Red River into Durant OK. I have a lot of Friends that drive trucks & believe me the word will spread.
You do not build a reputation up by not taking care of your customers & Repair Shops. My friend that owns his shop has never in his life been given the run around like Rough Country & Top Gun pulled on my 99. I even told them expense was no problem , that I just wanted the right kit. Top gun is the one that said I needed the bar. Rough Country said YES & NO!! The Set-up would work better with longer bar!, You get no where with either of these guys, that is a for sure! There sure a lot of Trucks in Texas & they will not have a Rough Country or a Top Gun Part or even Sticker on them , if We can help it from happening!!!!
Josh from Top Gun is the one that sold me the kit. He said he used to be installer & knew what I needed.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
99 F250 The Split Year! But Top Gun had my Oct98 build date Info!

Guys do not ever buy from Rough Country or Top Gun Customizers. They Lie between each other & will not stand behind there stuff! I got screwed over a 4100 & was sold a track bar in the kit that did not fit. Then they said I did not need ever. But before this they wanted me to drill my frame!!!!! We finally got my stock bushings out & put in the new bar but bar was to big for brackets.
Top Gun Lied & Rough Country Lied to Swear by the other.
They would not even take their track bar back or offer. I want the world to know1 Just for info, I have 30 years plus Mechanicin & my friends shop has about 35. Between there lying & the extra time i was out was about 2hrs extra. Plus I had to go to Prestiege Ford & buy another stock one. We like to never gotten the bolt in even with com-alongs. Had to grind a angle on bolt & use a align bar & big F___ ing Hammer.
5 HRS total for a 2 to 2.5 hr Job. It does have a good ride if it wasn't for Track Bar up my A Hole! I had to keep calling Top Gun because they were to busy to return my ph call.
What comes around will go back around
yes` sir
Top Gun & Rough country will have a bad name fro Wylie TX to a little past the Red River into Durant OK. I have a lot of Friends that drive trucks & believe me the word will spread.
You do not build a reputation up by bot taking care of your customers & Repair Shops. My friend that owns his shop has never in his life been given the run around like Rough Country & Top Gun pulled on my 99. I even told them expense was no problem , that I just wanted the right kit. Top gun is the one that said I needed the bar. Rough Country said YES & NO!! They both need the Bar , you no where! there sure a lot of Trucks in Texas & they will not have a Rough Country or a Top Gun Part or even Sticker on them , if We can help it from happening!!!!
Please before posting proof read your posts to make sure it makes sense. Along with spelling and punctuation. It's just a lot easier for other members to read and understand what your point is, that your trying to get across. Sorry you had such bad luck with those two companies with them giving you the run around. Hopefully you were able to get everything settled.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all of your input. Ive had my topgun custom leveling kit installed for a few days now , looks good and satisfied

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for all of your input. Ive had my topgun custom leveling kit installed for a few days now , looks good and satisfied
What was the cost of your top gun leveling kit? What did the kit all come with? My 99 F350 Superduty powerstroke 4x4 is at stock height right now. I would like to just level it out and get a better ride. I do have to get new shocks to. Any recommendations?

99 F350 Superduty 7.3L Powerstroke diesel AFE stage II cold air intake, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust with 4" down tube and 5" SS tip.
:icon_ford:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.