Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Ford F-350 and it sits about level now with the leveling kit I have, the problem is when I tow it’s usually a pretty good amount so I want to avoid it doing the Carolina squat. So with my truck being a single rear wheel could I get a F450 leaf setup onto my truck or would it just be best to do a block kit or an add a leaf?

·
Super Moderator
8,931 Posts
I think the F450 springs for your year (by your picture) are too wide. Not to mention the unloaded ride quality. If you locate a set for Dual Rear Wheel (DRW) F350 springs you might have better results.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Air bag it. Keep your current comfort and ride height, air up to level it when necessary.
BTL

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,379 Posts
I agree with @BTL on the airbags. They are pretty simple to install and work great, the newer air lift kits are superb. Out of the dozens I've installed I haven't had a single complaint, only 1 valve failure but the truck was a hotshot hauler and had the system for 200k miles.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bag it!

Seriously, I have a 14 dually and getting ready to go LESS on springs. I've been to a couple salvage yards and found a set I will likely buy this week. The ride is horrible empty and I don't pull a 5th wheel so I don't have high pin weight. I pull a tag car hauler so I like the stability of the dually but don't need the heavy capacity. I'm going with 250 springs and bags.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts