Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m wanting to put an OEM third brake light camera in my 2016 F450. It’s a Platinum, so it already has the tailgate camera and an 8” display screen. Anyone know where I can find this assembly from a junkyard or individual? I’ll even be happy if someone can give me a Ford part number so I can get it online new. Thanks!

·
Banned
8 Posts
This thread should help with both. I have a cab and (16')chassis also. I think we'll find that most 450/550 are C&C, but pick up guys are welcome too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I have a question about a 2008 F450. I recently, 10 days ago and today, had my rear tires changed(all four). Before I had them changed, I did not have any handling problems --> AT ALL! After changing the rear tires with Bridgestone R238's, I got on the freeway and opened up the throttle. When I made my first lane change, the strangest thing happened that I have never experienced in any other vehicle (or this one prior to the new tires being installed). The rear end of the truck started aggressively swaying left and right for quite a while. It eventually stopped swaying after about 5-10 seconds of driving straight. When I got off a turnpike with a long graduated turn, the tail-end again felt as if I was drifting around the corner rather then turning around it. I had the tire company swap out the tires to Firestone Transforce AT2's and though the sway is not as pronounced, it is still there.

They had about 4 different mechanics look at everything that could be the issue. All the components appear to be in proper working order and the little to no wear on the parts themselves. The truck has just shy of 85k miles. Is this normal for this truck with no load and new tires?

Additionally, I had the alignment checked at the same time and it is spot on but if I let go of the wheel, it pulls pretty hard to the right; harder, I think, then it should which is why I had the alignment checked. Is this also normal?

I would think that neither of these situations should be considered normal but everything checks good by the mechanics. Thoughts? Recommendations?

·
Administrator
31,724 Posts
Max air psi ( if you are not hauling I would lower it a bit ) and new tire squirm can be unnerving did they mention it should subside ?

·
Administrator
31,724 Posts
as far as the pull i would swap tires and if it follows the tire I would make them replace again

radial pull is a bad sign of a tires internals

·
Registered
3 Posts
Max air psi ( if you are not hauling I would lower it a bit ) and new tire squirm can be unnerving did they mention it should subside ?
The tire shop didn't mention anything about it going away and were in fact surprised given that there are no defects in anything on the vehicle. They suggested that the tire pressure might have been the cause with the previous set of tires. They were at 110 and they dropped it down to 90 and it still swerved. I checked the Bridgestone recommendations but haven't checked the Firestone page yet. I will look into that being a possible solution. I invited the supervising manager out on a drive to demonstrate and he said after I made short aggressive turns back and forth on the wheel, "Holy [email protected]! My *** just puckered!" I tried not to laugh too hard.

I drove about 50 miles yesterday, 95% of it freeway, and any time the road curved it was hairy trying to keep the truck in the lane. I will follow up after the tire pressure adjustments. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 F-450 XLT FX4, LWB, 4.30, Line-X, B&W 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Peragon Bed Cover
2 Posts
Gents,
Not a lot of activity in this thread so hoping to liven it up some. I just acquired a 2020 F-450 XLT FX4 to use for hauling our new 45' toy hauler. In reading through this I will say as far as upgrades go it is hard to get anyone to post whether they found unique upgrades or that F-350 upgrades will work.

I can say with certainty that installing wheel well liners of these model numbers works on the F-450 (2017+) like it does the other Super Duty's.

Ford Genuine HC3Z-9927886-B Wheel-Well Liner - REAR's
Ford Genuine HC3Z-16F099-A Wheel-Well Liner - FRONT's

Thanks and looking forward to the knowledge share.

/R
William

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to page. I have had my f350 7.3 for 21 years. Thinking about getting a 450 or 550 to haul my truck camper. Do the f450 require commercial plates?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Depends on where you are and how heavy you license it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi new to page. I have had my f350 7.3 for 21 years. Thinking about getting a 450 or 550 to haul my truck camper. Do the f450 require commercial plates?
Strange to me this topic came up today. Just yesterday I learned in Georgia if your truck is GVWR at 14000 pounds, then hooking a trailer and towing a combined weight (truck, trailer and cargo) of less than 26000 pounds but more than 14000 pounds, you need a tag rated at 26000 pounds. In Georgia (as well other states) 14001 to 26000 is a violation without the proper tag.

·
Premium Member
10,121 Posts
Like others said talk with your local motor vehicles organization and call your insurance. It really depends on your specific state for initial registration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have our drill-less installation mud flaps custom made for the F450. Both front and rear available and you do not drill any holes for the installation. They are made from a polyethylene blend that will not tear, peel, fade or break. They will not fly up behind the truck as you move down the road. They are long enough to protect not only your truck but also whatever you are towing.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts