Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah that would be nice to have!!!
probably a little more then I was wanting to spend though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I hear you. I am in the same boat. I am still waiting for somebody to give me a good shock recomendation for my 04 F450.

·
'consent of the governed'
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
To me, the shocks are not that important in the puzzle. Shocks only have one job.

The (complex) suspension is the heart of the matter.
@aerow27 Side to side would suggest track bar, tires under inflated, poor design, it was built on a Friday. But seriously, keep checking in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
To me, the shocks are not that important in the puzzle. Shocks only have one job.

The (complex) suspension is the heart of the matter.
@aerow27 Side to side would suggest track bar, tires under inflated, poor design, it was built on a Friday. But seriously, keep checking in.
Well I shouldn’t have said same boat. Mine drives pretty well. Stock 04 F450 with bags on all 4 corners. I do need some better dampening from the shocks. King? Fox? Bilstien? Rancho?

Has anybody run amy of these on thier F450/550?

·
Registered
9 Posts
how do you guys feel about the stock shocks they come with?
are they complete junk?

I was looking at the kelderman website, front is about $1500, rear was $3500 plus $1500 for auto fill air compressor
if it's really that good and rides super awesome, maybe I'll try to save up for it

·
Registered
9 Posts
what are you guys running for mud flaps on the f450 pickups?
seems like the options are limited

·
Registered
9 Posts
I kinda like the rokblock ones
I like the stainless bracket they cone with
I have not found many others that are similar though

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have our drill-less installation mud flaps custom made for the F450. Both front and rear available and you do not drill any holes for the installation. They are made from a polyethylene blend that will not tear, peel, fade or break. They will not fly up behind the truck as you move down the road. They are long enough to protect not only your truck but also whatever you are towing. We suggest the extra long style in the front as well to protect the front of your rear fenders to keep them from being rock chipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello

Just found the page , happy to bring my 2014 f450 platinum to the group.
Now starting some upgrades getting up fitted for the 5th wheel towing this truck was intended for when purchased new. 5 years and 110k later and here we are.
Starting with suspension, already done shocks and body mounts, next are air bags all around and a titan 65 gallon fuel tank., that will complete phase 1.
Phase 2 looking to replace entire front end, ball joints, drag links, tie rods, sway bar, need to research whats the best products for our intended use of heavy towing, looking for stability, quality and longevity, maybe moog? Also research rear sway bar.
Phase 3 will bring in the hitch and front bumper winch
Phase 4 RV time!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My sister has a F450 pick up 4 sale, I would to get it from her and make a 6 door Excursion out of it as my Excursion is often to small.

·
Registered
184 Posts
a few photos posed by old glory

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
After pulling most of my hair out over the lack of any good topics for these trucks, I find this site!! So refreshing to know I’m not the only one with parts problems associated with owning a real truck. 2016 F450 Platinum with 35,000 miles. Now that I’ve found you, maybe someone can answer this question: is there any adjustments that can be done to the caster/camber in a front end alignment? I’ve talked to six different places so far today and three said yes and three said no. Front tires are wearing bad on the outside edges and at $400.00 each, I can’t afford to NOT get it fixed. Hopefully someone here has had the same problem and have discovered a solution. All help is way more than greatly appreciated!!

·
Administrator
31,724 Posts
caster / camber/toe can all be adjusted

it is just a dana super 60 same concept since the dana 44 found since the 80's and before

adjusters at the balljoints articulate the knuckle

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,903 Posts
After pulling most of my hair out over the lack of any good topics for these trucks, I find this site!! So refreshing to know I’m not the only one with parts problems associated with owning a real truck. 2016 F450 Platinum with 35,000 miles. Now that I’ve found you, maybe someone can answer this question: is there any adjustments that can be done to the caster/camber in a front end alignment? I’ve talked to six different places so far today and three said yes and three said no. Front tires are wearing bad on the outside edges and at $400.00 each, I can’t afford to NOT get it fixed. Hopefully someone here has had the same problem and have discovered a solution. All help is way more than greatly appreciated!!

They make a special eccentric bushing for the upper ball joint to change caster/camber angle. Also if the tires are toed in too much towards the front it’ll eat the outsides up for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really appreciate the advice. Have an appointment next Wednesday at our local truck center for an alignment. I’ll let you know what they say.

121 - 140 of 174 Posts