Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
'consent of the governed'
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that most people here have F250/F350 a thread is needed for us owners of real trucks to share info that might get lost in other threads. Most parts sites don't even have 450/550 options in the drop down box. Hopefully here we can share some hard won info. Any questions? Say hello and be subscribed.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Subscribing.

If i had a dollar for every time i heard "did you say 350 sir"

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My exact reason for starting this thread. Mine is a 2004 bastard child with mostly 550 components.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Thanks for the thread idea, Patriot.

King Ranch 350 owner who parked next to me at a gun show:

"Holy hell, what is a 550? ...and why am I not the biggest thing here?!?"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Subscribed. I love my truck but hate the fact that people trip out that its a 450. I traded my 01 F350 with 19.5's for my 08 they are both white. Some people dont even notice that I got a new truck and others make comments like "F450! why do you need a truck that big!" People are so stupid that I took pictures of both trucks parked in the same spot in my driveway just to show that it isnt any different than a F350. Also tired of it being called a "commercial vehicle". I got a price on a Ravelco anti-theft device and they want to charge me $50 more because its a 450. I told them that for install of a Ravelco my F450 is no different than a 250 or 350. They said it was there policy so I didnt buy one...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cummins forum has a cab and chassis area.......

Seriously though, a cab and chassis sub forum would be great, especially with them being completely different animals than pick ups, I think us C&C owners are being left in the dark.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This thread should help with both. I have a cab and (16')chassis also. I think we'll find that most 450/550 are C&C, but pick up guys are welcome too.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Subscribed. I love my truck but hate the fact that people trip out that its a 450. I traded my 01 F350 with 19.5's for my 08 they are both white. Some people dont even notice that I got a new truck and others make comments like "F450! why do you need a truck that big!" People are so stupid that I took pictures of both trucks parked in the same spot in my driveway just to show that it isnt any different than a F350. Also tired of it being called a "commercial vehicle". I got a price on a Ravelco anti-theft device and they want to charge me $50 more because its a 450. I told them that for install of a Ravelco my F450 is no different than a 250 or 350. They said it was there policy so I didnt buy one...
Zeibart did the same thing to me. All i wanted undercoated was the cab (regular cab at that) and the frame. Not the flatbed. And they wanted 125$ more then an f350 because mines an f550. I tried explaining that they dont have an entire box to do like a regular pickup. And i tried explaing that my truck is not physically bigger then any other. They didnt care. I left. And now i do it myself.

This thread should help with both. I have a cab and (16')chassis also. I think we'll find that most 450/550 are C&C, but pick up guys are welcome too.
Yeah, ive never seen anything but a C&C 450 or 550.
If there is any out there id love to see them. would be interesting.

·
Vendor
1,065 Posts
Yeah, ive never seen anything but a C&C 450 or 550.
If there is any out there id love to see them. would be interesting.
I've been starting to see more of the factory built F450 pickups. A good customer of mine has a 2016 F450 Platinum. Pretty truck, but not cheap! Ive seen F550 pickups as well, but these were converted on the aftermarket. You can't tell the difference; you'd think they're factory Ford built.

Most parts sites don't even have 450/550 options in the drop down box. Hopefully here we can share some hard won info. Any questions? Say hello and be subscribed.
I only wish our website had the info for the F450 & F550. It's hosted by a third party, and there's quite a bit of work involved in building a catalog.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@fordsvtparts, I'm glad you chimed in. I want to put out a good word for you to anyone that happens by this thread. To all 450/550 owners, forget the website and just call them. I get better service on the phone with these guys than in person with local dealerships!

·
Vendor
1,065 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments! I'm more than happy to help anyone who has any questions or issues regarding parts for these trucks. They're sometimes tricky, as our catalogs like to throw the F250/350 parts in with the 450/550.

-Mike R

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Considering the ratio of 250/350 to 450/550 it's to be expected. It's a bit of a niche group. FWIW It's the same, or usually worse on any other site.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys gotta help me out with some bumps if this is going to gain traction. BUMP

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
i'll bump it, even if 10min after you lol

i love the 450 / 550 trucks.

on my old 3rd gen dodge, i put 19.5 singles
on it, and some g rated tires. changed the
"2500" on the side to "5500". i got everything
from thumbs up's, to wtf's... was pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Okay... I'll chime in.

An esteemed member of this forum once stated that ANY 6.0 could do a burnout. When I read the statement, I sort of turned my head to the side while looking at the screen like the RCA dog looking at the phonograph. IIRC, Patriot responded with "Hmmm..."

Now, I have not run any numbers, but can a stock 6.0 with 9000-10000lbs sitting on duallys really light them up? I tend to think, no. ...unless "them" is the u-joints.

I honestly don't know, though. ...and, as I said, no math has been done.

Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 162 Posts