Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 1st diesel this week... 2001 f350 srw 4x4 with the 7.3 and auto. I've always driven trucks, but every time I get in this one it feels like my head is a lot closer to the roof. Obviously if it was an electric seat I'd drop it to the bottom and be fine. Has anyone ever tried lowering a seat or dropping in different seats ?

:dunno:

·
Registered
198 Posts
how the hellz tall are you? lol im 6'3'' and have plenty of room. ive never heard of it but heres a bump for you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 5'11", i've been driving rams and f150 the last 10 years and now i feel like i'm sitting over the dash... maybe i'll have to go find and sit in 1 with power seats and see how much difference there is.

·
Premium Member
13,243 Posts
Ya know, when I went from my 2004 6.0 to my 2010 6.4 I thought the same thing. Either the seats sit higher, or the headliner is lower in my 6.4. Kinda strange. I just lower the seat now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
that's the problem your use to driving a small truck, now that you are in a real truck you are finding out about you short coming (5' 11") LOL. does you truck have adjustable peddles?

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's weird. I have pretty much the same truck (99, F250). I'm 6'2" and I've got plenty of room between my head and the roof. I don't have power seats either. Your seat must have been modified or something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Give your seat the ultra gangster lean back and you will be fine. Thats what I do :hehe:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts