Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member, but a long time Powerstroke/ diesel tech. I recently purchased a 2000 F350 dually from a landscaping company on the cheap. The previous owner had a dump box in the bed of the truck which I removed and sold. He installed a set of F450 springs in the rear to compensate for the extra load the box put on. Now I am slammed dually kind of guy but I would like the bring the *** end down to make it level for now. I would prefer bags anyway for a load, but can I simply remove the spring blocks to bring it down? Should I possibly find a set of used F250/ F350 springs? I plan to lower it further in the future but just looking to keep it cheap as this lady needs loving in other areas. I do not haul too much other than the occasional goose neck dump trailer. So I do not need the full weight rating of F350 springs. Thanks for the help all!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
i am wondering the same what is the adverse effect of the block removal.

My intent is a bit diffrent tough .

looking at a set of these
Pro Comp Suspension 22415 Leaf Spring; Height 4 in.; Incl. Bushings;
but want stock ride hight for now. my factory block is 2in (F250)

i am wondering if i can to put leaf springs directly on axle put the block above the spring.

and i am adding a airbag kit .

so when ever i am ready to lift 4in i could just put the block back under the leaf springs .

sorry for thread hijack

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
when you are getting lift springs
things to ask, because many spring companies include the OEM block in the lift so verify the 4" is with or without the block
yes you can run all spring on the axle mount but you lose the jounce stop bracket on the block and you may have a challenge with airbags both inboard and over the spring styles

I run 8" all spring lift and over the spring 7500 lbs bags on custom mounts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
when you are getting lift springs
things to ask, because many spring companies include the OEM block in the lift so verify the 4" is with or without the block
yes you can run all spring on the axle mount but you lose the jounce stop bracket on the block and you may have a challenge with airbags both inboard and over the spring styles

I run 8" all spring lift and over the spring 7500 lbs bags on custom mounts
Would it be safe to put the oem block with the jounce arm on top of the springs vs under this would alow me to add air lift kit inboard of the frame and use the oem block jounce arm as the air bag lower mounts.

As for the procomp lift springs they are inteded to use with the oem 4in or 2in (with 2in additional block) for a 4in lift.

So for me 4 in lift springs with

no block = oem ride height
F250 2in block = 2in lift.
F350 4in block = 4in lift.

Thanks Zmann.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Yeah i think my i got my terminology mixed up

What i meant is installing the oem block with bump stop tang on top the springs vs under like it is stock.

Hopefully this explanation makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
11,789 Posts
The rear blocks are designed to sit into a centering point on the axle, then have the springs sit on top of them. The springs have a centering bolt that will prevent the blocks from sitting on top of them properly.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
The rear blocks are designed to sit into a centering point on the axle, then have the springs sit on top of them. The springs have a centering bolt that will prevent the blocks from sitting on top of them properly.
Make sense thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.