Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F350. I live in Canada and it was very cold yesterday -35 degrees C. I started my truck and let it warm up for about 15 minutes. I was half way to work and both my headlights shut off. Wierd, When I got to my shop I checked every fuse, all wiring harnesses, etc. I have to admit I am stuck. I found a little black box attached to the radiator cross member which runs to the headlights. There aren't any numbers on it, and I have no idea what it is,, except maybe my problem. The park lights, and fog lights all work great, just no headlights.

ANY IDEAS GUYS

This is driving me nuts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Try checking your fuses?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked every fuse in the truck. I have also checked all the headlight wiring, and all the relays. There isn't power going to either headlamp socket.
After typing this I thought that maybe it might have something to do with the emergency brake, but the headlights should still operate with the e-brake on, if the headlight switch id=s turned to the on position. Shouldn't they?

·
Registered
64 Posts
so all your other lights on the truck work fine? check your multi function switch. i had this problem with my taillights and thats what it was

1 - 4 of 4 Posts