Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my f250 has stock suspension and is very bumpy stiff and doesent corner the best. i loved the way my truck drove untill i drove a freinds with mx-6 shocks and it drove like a high end sports car.

so does anyone have any input on a shock upgrade for me??

thanks

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Put a set of bilsteins on there and dont look back. They are great!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard bilsteins make the ride stiffer on road but better offroad??
i want a smooth on road but be able to off road every now and then??

thanks

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There are several different bilsteins available. There are the 5100's which are nice and work well with stock or lifted trucks but will be valved more twords the offroad truck. There is also the yellow bilsteins (cant remember the model number) that are OEM replacements that ride nice to. I have also ran monroe relex shocks on other Ford trucks and they always rode nice.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Icon's Signature Series shocks are nice. I have Bilstein 5100 series up front no my truck with no complaints. Stock shocks in the rear.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I put a set of bilsteins on 2 years ago and still riding good.
Doug

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
We can get you setup with either Icons or Bilsteins..if you really want to improve the ride quality you need a 2.5" level kit with 4 link arms..much better ride quality. PM me if I can help we have been selling Bilsteins for years...

Catry

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Bilstein is the way to go. We have had great luck with them on stock and lifted applications. They are usually the first thing I swap out on all my new trucks, makes all the difference in the world. We dont have them on our site yet, but we carry their entire line. For those of you looking for a set, shoot me a PM or give us a holler.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bilstein is the way to go. We have had great luck with them on stock and lifted applications. They are usually the first thing I swap out on all my new trucks, makes all the difference in the world. We dont have them on our site yet, but we carry their entire line. For those of you looking for a set, shoot me a PM or give us a holler.
Is it the same ones for a truck with a small/average lift kit?
I wanna say yes but was never certain.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Some people run the standard Bilsteins (yellow body/blue boot) on trucks with leveling kits, others run the 5100 series (brushed aluminum body/black boot). I have never ran the standard shocks on a leveled truck, but the 5100s ride great.

·
Registered
286 Posts
my f250 has stock suspension and is very bumpy stiff and doesent corner the best. i loved the way my truck drove untill i drove a freinds with mx-6 shocks and it drove like a high end sports car.

so does anyone have any input on a shock upgrade for me??

thanks
Rancho 9000, they have 9 varyations for adjustment. I run them on my superdutys and they are great.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
debating between fox and bilstein now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts