Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an F250 SD w/ 4x4 "Off-Road" sitckers on the rear.
Is this truck higher than a standard F250 SD ??

I am having trouble hooking up my trailer and loading the bed due to the height.

Can I lower it cheaply?
Here are some pics.
Rear:

Front:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
you can get a drop hitch... as for the height i dunno i dont remember mine not being lifted, but i have a 4 inch lift and no trailer problems

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bed height is more of an issue. I guess what I want to know is if the std F250 SD is lower than the 4x4 "Off-Road" version? Doesnt look like I can take anythign out of the front though to lower it. :dunno:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
There is no difference in stock ride hieght between a standard 250 and one that has the off-road package.

You can remove that 2 inch lift block from between the axle and leaf springs. Other then that no other way to cheaply lower the rear.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I missed part of your post. Thanks for the info !
No problem, if you do remove those blocks. Please get new U-bolts. Also if you remove those blocks your truck will ride level instead of sloping towards the front.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No problem, if you do remove those blocks. Please get new U-bolts. Also if you remove those blocks your truck will ride level instead of sloping towards the front.
Exactly. You'll actually still have about 1/2" of positive rake but the difference is so insignificant you'd never be able to tell.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
is the block in the rear of the superduty 2" ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just measured it .. yup 2"

Mine is a 4x4 "Off-Road" so maybe that has somethign to do with it. YMMV

thx

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The block in the rear of a F-250 and F-350 DRW are 2 inch but a F-350 SRW is a 3 3/4" block... Someone correct me if I am mistaken?

And to answer the question, You can just take the block out and level it and lower the rear...

The 4x4 Off-road was supposedly upgraded shocks and a fuel tank and transfer case skid plate I believe.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
if anyone has done a lift and has a set of stock 2" blocks kicking around... Id be interested in them as mine sits about 1/2 in higher in the front then the rear, then with my trailer hooked up it sits lower in the rear making it look like its overloaded...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Exactly, my stock SD 4x4 had the lower blocks only from your first pic. When I added my 3" lift the extra blocks were added. Just remove the top blocks and replace the U bolts with some new ones.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yours should have 2" blocks already correct? If so I would go with an add-a-leaf, you will also get slightly more weight capacity that way also.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Yours should have 2" blocks already correct? If so I would go with an add-a-leaf, you will also get slightly more weight capacity that way also.
if that was directed twards me I dont have blocks in the rear at all .. its a 2wd they didnt use rear blocks.. It had a factory rake till I put the front leveling spacers on .. then it sat almost perfectly level, it holds weight real well but id like it to sit level with the trailer hooked up ill need 1 1/2-2" to do that, my other option is air bags for when I have the trailer hooked up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts