Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 f250 4x4 is not sitting level, facing the passenger side of the truck you can see the back is jacked up higher than the front by an inch or two. Facing the truck from the driver´s side its looks completely level and normal. I measured the top of the bed to the ground on both sides, the passenger was higher by almost 2 inches exactly. Also measured the lengths of both rear leaf packs to the bottom of the axle, the passenger rear was only maybe 1/4 of an inch longer than the driver side. I have the model with the tan stripe all the way down the truck and the line where it meets the bed from the cab is still perfectly in line. Could this be an alignment issue? Looking from the back the driver side wheels are pretty crooked from each other, but my tires are still making full contact with the ground with no obvious uneven wear...?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Did you look at the leaf pack closely? Sounds like a cracked or broken leaf spring. 2 inches is quite a difference. The manual has a section on leveling the rear with shims but not 2 inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts