Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 f250 6.0 that turns but wont start. i have replaced the camshaft position sensor and still nothing. it has 52000 miles on it and the dealer said its not under warranty since its over 5 yrs. i have suel going to the top fuel filter. can it be the ficm or the injectors. i dont want to spend an arm and leg at the dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds like we are in similar situations ( http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-motor-problems/105409-6-0l-cranks-but-wont-start.html ).

First of all, you gotta get a code reader - you didnt mention one, so Im guessing you havent tried that.

IPR/ ICP were two things I ran down previously, but ended up eating it at a dealer since I was out of town.

FICM is likely, but a code reader should let you know.

52K miles seems a little early to be having problems with the injectors.

Im about to change the oil, since Ive heard the injectors can get gummed up with dirty oil. Its a sunday, so its not like I can get any other parts anyway.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
no faults....does the oil pressure build as you crank?

is there sufficient oil in engine?

you didnt put gas in there did ya?

FICM if dead- you wont hear the injector buzz when you key on engine off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wont start

on the gauge the oil pressure doesnt move.the oil level is good. i didnt put gas in it. i hear a buzzing news for a few seconds then nothing

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
What are you using to pull codes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wont start

im using a ob II reader.one from advance auto. i know it doesnt go in depth but if something is wrong shouldnt it be able to pull a code

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
im using a ob II reader.one from advance auto. i know it doesnt go in depth but if something is wrong shouldnt it be able to pull a code
Those will not pull codes on a diesel. Need to get it on a scanner

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
and a super important one...how is the battery voltage?

you can have all things go well, but have <10v (IIRC, might be slightly higher) and it wont start

Are you sure your pressure gauge doesnt move even after you crank it for a few seconds?

·
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6
2,261 Posts
Those will not pull codes on a diesel. Need to get it on a scanner
my OBD II scanner I bought at AutoZone reads codes on my truck :dunno: When I had the MP-8 and the ICP plug was messin' up, it set my check engine light. I scanned it, it read the code

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
An autozone scanner is worthless if you want to make an accurate diagnosis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts