Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here’s my dilemma. I have a F250 XL, which has power/heated mirrors on it. It does not though, have power folding mirrors. We’re purchasing a new home which has two garage doors versus what we currently have, which is a two car garage with a single door. Which by the way has never been an issue, because I can maneuver around the door opening no problem. Here in lies the dilemma. In the current state of my truck, it’s not possible to get through the new houses door jambs. Since I believe I can get by without tow mirrors, does anyone know if I can use F150 non-tow mirrors on my truck? I already know about the fact that the power non-folding F150 mirrors are 8 prong and my current mirrors are 22 pin. I have a pair of jumper harnesses that go from 22 to 8 pin on order. I also am aware of the ambient temperature probe on the passenger side. So here’s my question, has anyone ever done this, or am I the first? I’m keeping my fingers crossed, that it will work. Anyway, I know that if it works, my truck will fit into the garage of our new house.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was there any reprogramming? How much did you end up having into the project?
No reprogramming and it costed $440. Still cheaper than having a contractor put a wider garage door in, lol. Plus I plan on selling the set of tow mirrors that I took off the truck, on eBay. I should be able to recoup most of the cost. They will go on an F150, no problem. I bought a set of 22 pin to 8 pin harnesses that I will include with them. I know that what I did was kind of backwards, but it works for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts