Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used this with my 05 superduty that I recently totaled. I sent the programmer off to SCT and had the programmer VIN unlocked and reset. I would like to get $200 shipped.:sct:

·
Registered
39 Posts
what is the difference in the x2 and x3

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it the X3 has more storage for tunes and has a little faster upload for tunes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't done much research on the X3.

·
Registered
39 Posts
so if i bought the x2 does it hold costom tunes im itching to buy this from you man i just need more info

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Yes the X2 will hold 3 custom tunes just like the X3. The main differences are that the X3 also comes preloaded with 3 generic "canned" tunes from SCT and holds them along with the 3 custom files you choose for it. The X3 also loads tunes considerably faster than the X2. I have no problems with my X2. Does everything I need it to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
cool just one more question does it plug in just like the x3 and does it save your stock

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yes it saves your stock file, and yes it plugs in the same way as the x3.
And I belive its the sf3 that has canned tunes....the x3 is only available from custom tuners with custom tunes.

I have an x-cal2 and it works great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
who did your tunes? does it bother you about the downloading time. and have you run in to any tranny problems

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have Erics and cales tunes, once you have your stock file saved it only takes about 5 min or less to change tunes, nope no trans problems.....in fact it might even shift a little better than stock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
cool cool how do i get the tunes put on here and pawj i would like to buy you xcal2

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Just download the software from sct website hook up a usb cable to the x-cal2.
I think the program is called "liveload".

Your tunes will be emailed to you, save them to your computer, plug in your x-cal and start liveload.
The tuner does not locate them you will have to put them on manually....its pretty easy and if I remember right liveload is a one screen program so its easy to figure out.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
X2 is just fine, neither the X2 or X3 shift on the fly since they tune the transmission so the extra time is no big deal. As far as the canned tunes go, they just waste space wher eI should be able to put more custom tunes!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Is this still available? What type of custom tunes do you have on there? I would need some performance upgrades for a lifted truck with 38s. I have never used a used tuner, so what would I need to have it ready for my truck?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mad, to use it you will need to purchase custom tunes from one of our many vendors, load them onto the tuner, and then program the truck. Its a fairly simple process and the tunes are endless.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still have it but I have the tuner but I have a couple people interested. I will let know when sold or if still available. Thanks for the reply's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts