Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2011 F-350 4x4 crew cab long bed dually with 26,400 miles and I need my 3rd set of tires. The front and outers are cupping across the tread. I had it in 3 Stealerships, 3 alignment shops, and 2 tire shops and no one can find anything wrong. The alignment is better than factory and there is nothing broken, bent, or missing on the suspension. The tire pressure is monitored every week since new per the door jamb sticker. Ford finally told me its a truck characteristic and have stopped returning my calls. I've been a ford guy since my Excursion in 2000 and have had 3 diesels since with no abnormal tire at all.
Anyone with experience or advice please help, I've bought a $60,000 truck and can't afford $1200.00 for tires every 6 months. Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2006 f-350 single rear wheel but i put bf goodrich on last summer and my truck ate those tires up. had to put on michelin and they seem to be better.

·
Registered
772 Posts
When my truck was a dually, I had cupping issues twice. Once was from worn shocks, the second was from me driving the truck like it was a sports car.

Ruined front tires twice...it seems that big ole spacer up front really magnified issues onto the tire... Oh well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would be doing two things.....

checking my caster,

doing my own alignment,

these trucks are simple to align, i haved never had any tire wear, and have always done my own alignment on solid axle fronts.
Caster isn't a tire wearing angle.

OP, are you buying the same tires each time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts