Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there again I have a question to ask. What is an STC fitting, and where does it go, and about how much is a HPOP for a 2006 F250 PSD. And the same for the STC fitting. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
F250 PSD

P.S. I here every one talking about this cts scanner, Where can I get one and how many arms and legs this thing going to cost me. Thanks for all of the help Mike. Is this a good one or there better ones out there that might cost around the same or more. Again Thanks Mike.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
The STC fitting is the snap to connect fitting on the back of the HPOP that connects it to the branch tubes for the HPO. You can get a new HPOP, STC fitting and IPR valve for $675 from injectorwarehouse.com that price plus a $200 core charge that gets refunded when you send your old pump back to them. Most places will chare $600-$800 for a pump alone and close to $300 for the IPR valve. I got my HPOP, STC fitting and IPR valve from them and I highly recommend them.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Do you have $600-$700 to spend on a complete edge cts? Do you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch? If you have any of those I would suggest getting the Dashboss setup it monitors everything that the EDGE does but for $300 total cost compared to the $700 for an edge cts. I would strongly recommend getting a monitor on your truck asap regardless of which monitor you choose. They also have one for Droid called Torque but I'm unaware of what all it will monitor as I have an iPhone so I'm getting the Dashboss. There is also one called a Scangauge II which I believe can be bought for around $200 but it requires a lot of setup for the PID's and is not expandable like the Dashboss or Edge. ( expandable as in adding a fuel pressure sending unit [which I highly recommend regardless which monitor you get] as well as an egt probe to watch your exhaust temps)

One nice thing about the dashboss that Edge doesn't support is the ability to data log (yes I know edge released an update to allow for this but the update isn't working for it and Edge said that it has a "bug" and will be fixed with the next update)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F250 PSD

Hi there Tuscany. First off I want to thank you for the fast reply to my post. And secondly I want thank you for the great advise on that the scanner. My son has and I pod touch if this will work. And lastly this is not my truck. I am trying to help out a friend. I am a mechanic it just that I work on gas engines and the old fashion diesels. I had worked offshore for over 20 years, and some of the natural gas engines I worked on out there are bigger that some houses. and the diesels that I worked on were anything from 2-71 to v16-92 Detroit diesels. So this is the first time working on this type of diesel. I am doing this job for free as this is a real good friend of mine.Plus I like fixing things I have never worked on before to get the experience. It does not look that hard. to take it apart, just a pain in the a$$ to get up to the engine to work on it. Again I want to thank you for the info. Mike.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
LOL well if its not your truck then don't buy the monitor for it. The monitor is what you use to get real time live data from the engine while its running. It's meant to stay in the truck not as a scan tool. If your looking for a good scan tool I would suggest Auto Enginuity with the Ford expansion pack. It will set you back about $400 but it is a great scan tool one of the closest you can get to dealer quality diagnostics. And it will pay for it self in the first 4 times you use it vs going to the dealer to have them scan your vehicle.

I would however recommend to your friend that he gets a monitor in that truck immediately so he can keep an eye on the engine vitals. A good monitoring solution is vital for the 6.0 liter Powerstroke engine. Just don't you spend the money on it if its going to be staying in the truck and the truck isn't yours. lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
F250 PSD

LOL myself. No I am not going to but it to leave it in his truck. I want a scanner that can do these ford diesels and just about any car or truck that I work on. I have a 2000 GMC Yukon XL that I bought a while back for $1500 because it needed a tranny rebuild. I rebuilt it myself and this SUV is like brand new. It runs and drives great, and I would like to have a scanner to check it out from time to time. But again thanks for all the great info. Mike.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Well the dashboss will pull codes but no better than what a scanner at autozone will. If you are looking into a "SCANNER" then get the auto enginuity and you can purchase the different add on packages for different makes of vehicles. The edge insight, scangauge II, dashboss, and torque setup are all "monitors" for these vehicles that you keep in the vehicle so you can alway monitor it while your driving it. Not diagnostics, though they can pull CEL's and DTC's but they aren't anything compared to AE ( AutoEnginuity ) or equivilant as far as a scanner goes.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I agree with the A&E recomendation best scanner software for the money I have come across.
I am gonna hijack this a little and ask Tuscany about that App. How does it interface with the PCM does it come with a bluetooth DLC connector? I have looked at several different ones online and see no mention of just how it is supposed to communicate with the PCM, even the A&E has an intrface device to plug in to the obdII connector.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I like the Torque app for Android platform. For the 6.0 it can monitor oil temp, coolant temp, vgt %, ipr %, icp pressure, boost, fan speed, etc. Trans temp doesn't work for it. The app has a free version and a $5 version. The adapter I paid like 80-90 bucks for. It reads a lot of codes including some that don't trigger the CEL. I only connect it when Im looking for an issue or periodically to check oil temp. If Im towing ill leave it up to watch temps.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Yeah both the Dashboss and Torque thing lol use a bluetooth adapter specific for their apps that plug into the OBD-II port and communicate with the PCM to display the live data via bluetooth to your portable device. One thing that I REALLY like about these 2 setups is that you get to take your monitor with you when you get out of the vehicle so it keeps it out of sight out of mind as well as allows you to connect it to the computer and directly download the data if you don't decide to email it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts