Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to lift my 97 extended cab, long box about 3 or 4 inches. my front shocks need to be replaced so i figured what better time. This is my first lift so i was just looking for some info on what all i will need and anything to lookout for

· Registered
15 Posts
Looks like you have a square body 250, so you have the twin I beam front end. I had an 89 F250 gasser that I had originally lifted with an add-a-leaf. When I had the money several years later, I swapped out the add-a-leaf set-up for a 4" rancho suspension. I liked the Rancho better than any other set-up at the time. Most importantly, the drop bracket that lowers the pivot point of the twin-I-beam was very robust. It was wider and had more points of contact than any of the cheaper competitors at the time. The four inch required a drop pitman arm and included a two inch rear block. I was running 33 12.5 16.5 MTs at the time. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.