Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have an 07 F-250 supercab short bed. I am looking to lift it just a little bit so I can run 33's or 35's. My question is do I buy a full blown lift kit or just a leveling kit. My truck being as short as it is almost looks level. I was looking at the "Ready Lift" line and also Rough Country's 3" kit. So what is everyones input? I appreciate everyones feelings.:icon_ford:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have an 07 F-250 supercab short bed. I am looking to lift it just a little bit so I can run 33's or 35's. My question is do I buy a full blown lift kit or just a leveling kit. My truck being as short as it is almost looks level. I was looking at the "Ready Lift" line and also Rough Country's 3" kit. So what is everyones input? I appreciate everyones feelings.:icon_ford:
You get what you pay for,.....spend the money now. I've seen too many people buy the "cheaper" stuff, only to change it out a couple months later because it was crap.

I recommend Icon 4.5" lift, with Icon shocks all the way around....and it is "upgradeable" to 7", if you want more later......and it is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
f-250 lift

Thanks for the info folks, I had an 02 F-250 that I did a leveling kit on, and it sat higher in the front then in the rear so I had to put blocks on also. That is why I asked if a leveling kit was all I needed. I would personally rather do an entire kit so I know everything is correct. Is it true that these trucks are very sensitive with alignment from changing the radius arm configuration? By the way Tanks250 I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Bilstein leveling kit or a Camburg leveling kit is the way to go if you want to fit 35's. You can fit 33's on a stock suspension. Icon is top dog for the Fords but it's just too expensive to just do a leveling kit. Hell with a leveling kit and stock wheels you can fit 37's on the truck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i used to have the procomp 8" lift witht the new radius arms an it was aligned one an was perfect after that so i dont see what make them "sensitive" to new radius arms

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
As mentioned, you can run 33s stock.

On my 07, I run 325/60R18s on 18x8.5 Welds with the stock plow package suspension.

Depending on what tire and wheel combo of 35s you can either do a leveling kit or you may need a 4.5" lift.

For leveling kits, I prefer the Icon 2.5" or the Bilstein 2.25".
Both come with replacement coils and front shocks. Icon also includes the rear shocks and caster cams.
I would recommend ordering the cams with the Bilstein as well......and since stock shocks suck, getting rear shocks with it as well.

Or, for a 4.5" lift Icon.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
As mentioned, you can run 33s stock.

On my 07, I run 325/60R18s on 18x8.5 Welds with the stock plow package suspension.

Depending on what tire and wheel combo of 35s you can either do a leveling kit or you may need a 4.5" lift.

For leveling kits, I prefer the Icon 2.5" or the Bilstein 2.25".
Both come with replacement coils and front shocks. Icon also includes the rear shocks and caster cams.
I would recommend ordering the cams with the Bilstein as well......and since stock shocks suck, getting rear shocks with it as well.

Or, for a 4.5" lift Icon.
Leveling kit with cams and a 4.5" backspace wheel you won't be able to fit 35's. I tried it and it didn't work out to well. You will hit body metal. The stock cams will work just fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
F-250 lift question

Well I have certainly got alot of options now thanks to everyone. I`m going to re-use the stock wheels since I like the look of them. I`m gonna do some research and order something in the near future. I`ll post some pics when I get it all done. Thanks again everyone:icon_ford:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts