Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently installed some new Airlift 5000 Towing bags on my E99 F-250. I don't think I will ever reach that much tongue weight one my truck so I figured these would be enough for what I do with it. They were fairly easy to install hardest part was drilling the holes which I am a noob with drilling so it took me double the 2 hours they say it should take to install but I finally got it. I ran the air fill locations to the hole in the stock bumper located in each bottom corner of the rear bumper. My truck has an overload spring so I had to use the shorter you bolts and attach the bottom air bag bracket to the overload spring. But after all the damn drilling I am very happy the way these bags tuned out. I filled them to 25 psi and it raised the back of my truck 2 inches. I ride empty with them at 7 psi. They cost me $280 with shipping on Amazon (yes the Air Lift website told me to go to them).:rofl:

Attachments

·
6.2 Convert
1,383 Posts
I've got the same setup. I think you'll like them. Been on there for a few years now and I've been real happy with them. With 500lbs of trailer tongue and another 1200lbs worth of quad and dirt bike in the bed, they help out a bunch! I've always wanted to add the compressor but haven't been able to get past the price tag!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts