Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the ezlynk and 5 pos switch per the instructions on a 2014 f250. When swapping from tunes via the switch, I can’t seem to tell much of a difference.
When I had a 7.3 with a chip, if you switched between stock and 140hp on the fly, you could tell a big difference. The 150hp feels low key compared to what I would have expected. Surely you can feel a seat of you pants difference in 150hp over stock??
The plug I assume is correct since my dashboard app shows voltage drop from 5v (stock) down to .5v (150hp).
Is this really what to expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I selected the no emission sotf tune by GDP, as I have a delete kit.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Could just be the tuners tune also, maybe ask them for a revision tell them what your after and they might send you a new updated file

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could just be the tuners tune also, maybe ask them for a revision tell them what your after and they might send you a new updated file

Well maybe it is, I haven’t heard many negative remarks towards the tuner however.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have DP emission tunes on the EZ-Lynk and I can only tell the difference on the top end when accelerating hard. I don't notice it much between the "stock" setting and the 100hp tune. I agree, the 7.3L switch settings were/are more noticeable between stock and the higher hp.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have DP emission tunes on the EZ-Lynk and I can only tell the difference on the top end when accelerating hard. I don't notice it much between the "stock" setting and the 100hp tune. I agree, the 7.3L switch settings were/are more noticeable between stock and the higher hp.

Ohhhh. Ok
Maybe that’s just the way it is then.
Thanks for explaining that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have ppei emissions on tunes and I can only tell a difference on the mid to top end but otherwise driving normally there isn’t much difference between the levels.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,222 Posts
There is a lot of torque management in the first three gears. If your Tuner doesn't change that, you won't notice anything on the bottom end.

Also, if the different switch positions have different transmission tuning, there will be a few hundred mile relearn.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There’s separate transmission tunes that can be used, but I haven’t journeyed into that horizon just yet.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Well maybe it is, I haven’t heard many negative remarks towards the tuner however.

I agree I’ve heard good things about GDP also, I was thinking maybe it was a corrupt file or something wasn’t fully loaded when sent to you that’s why I was thinking you could explain to GDP what your trucks doing/not doing and what your after and they might be able to send a revision to help.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m thinking that maybe that’s just the way it is. Maybe a different animal than what I was used to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts