Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im totally new to the whole tuning experience and bought an ez lynk 2.0 on amazon. Has anyone else purchased there or heard of the company Foam Tuning? I got the full support pack and they say it includes 10 tunes done by them. This will be race only tuning once I get it up and running. The dpf delete is in my garage and the tuner and egr delete kits are on the way. I am only looking to increase fuel milage and longevity of the truck. I do have a sotf switch with the high idle feature as well since its cold in Wisconsin and I like to warm her up before driving off.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Never heard of them, I'd be skeptical to run them. I doubt you have high idle on your SOTF switch since you actually need to do some wiring for high idle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of them, I'd be skeptical to run them. I doubt you have high idle on your SOTF switch since you actually need to do some wiring for high idle.
The SOTF switch has high idle capabilities and I already have a high idle I previously installed so I’ll just take the wires from that one and reuse them for the new switch.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Still, seems pointless to rewire a high idle to that switch, they're numbered for a reason. Let us know how those Foam tunes work out..

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s exactly what I have for the switch. Now that I have the tuner the tunes are actually from SDT (Same Day Tuning) but sold through amazon by Foam Tuning. I’m guessing it’s a way to keep the company name on the dl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Btw the switch is kinda nice. It has a built in potentiometer on the backside to set the high idle speed. I use the high idle occasionally in winter since at normal idle the water temp will drop enough to where there really isn’t much heat coming from the vents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts