Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a ez link with tyrant tune. Who is everyone getting there tyrant tune from now since Tyrant has been MIA. I see alligator performance use to carry them but i talk with Tim and he says they stop carrying his tune after he's been busy and hard to get a hold of. I see nolimitfabrication still has there tune option for the ez link but they haven't been good at replying back to me.

Anywhere else can i look for his tune?

Anyone with his tune on a 11-14 model, how much boost psi are you seeing with his extreme tune?

Also how many tunes comes with the ez link tyrant tune?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I would call No limit and talk to them and get the package through them, as far as boost I haven’t ran there extreme tune just performance and I have pulled 35psi no problem getting on it with plenty more just never flat footed it but I also have the 15+ turbo swap and running the revised tunes for it, as far as tunes i think it’s a 6pack that comes with the package

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@joebuck are you running the SOFT switch or just switching tune from your phone? I see they have a option for a monitor. Is that just a phone Monitor?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Rudy's Diesel has ezlynk with dpf/egr upgrade tuner with GDP or PPEI tuning. That's were I got mine from with GDP tunes, sotf switch and monitor. No problems in the 8 months its been on my 2012. Don't leave the monitor on the dash in the summer like I did. The battery expanded and it separated and cracked the screen.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rudy's Diesel has ezlynk with dpf/egr upgrade tuner with GDP or PPEI tuning. That's were I got mine from with GDP tunes, sotf switch and monitor. No problems in the 8 months its been on my 2012. Don't leave the monitor on the dash in the summer like I did. The battery expanded and it separated and cracked the screen.

Is the monitor just a iphone 5? How do you like the GDP tune? throttle response, tow tune vs hot tune and boost psi? is there a considerable differences between the tow and hot tune? Yes summer gets pretty bad in Oklahoma too. I don't plan on leaving the monitor on the dash all the time.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
@joebuck are you running the SOFT switch or just switching tune from your phone? I see they have a option for a monitor. Is that just a phone Monitor?

@Phong6.7 I have the 5pos switch but don’t use it I just run a the performance tune mostly then switch it to tow tune before we haul our toy hauler. As for the monitor I just use a iPhone 6 that the ear speaker stopped working on so it stays in my truck at all times as the monitor, some buy used phones or even smaller kindles as a monitor anything that will connect to a WiFi signal will work the EZ Lynk puts out its own WiFi signal to connect to.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Is the monitor just a iphone 5? How do you like the GDP tune? throttle response, tow tune vs hot tune and boost psi? is there a considerable differences between the tow and hot tune? Yes summer gets pretty bad in Oklahoma too. I don't plan on leaving the monitor on the dash all the time.

I think the monitor was something by google. Not worth the cost when you can use an old smartphone. I got a fire 7 tablet (kind of big but i can see whithout my glasses) for $60 off of amazon to replace my monitor that I messed up. Not much lag to speak of in the throttle department. It will break traction at 20mph. I watched my boost on my way home today under wot and was at 27psi and saw 29psi when it shifted. Had to let off because I was going 85mph in a matter of seconds. Very noticeable difference between tow and hot using the sotf switch. Once it’s programmed you just use the sotf switch for different levels of power. This is my work/play truck so I keep it on level 3 which I think is 100hp and switch to level 2 for towing.

·
Premium Member
11,630 Posts
SOTF switches simply de-tune (defuel) the high level tune. You only run one tune, the switch just pulls fuel at lower levels. It's probably fine, but I worry about timing advance and such when towing heavy, so I chose to stick with individual tunes.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I ordered an Ez Lynk with Tyrant tunes for my 2014 today. I’ll let you know how it works out.
You won’t be disappointed

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the monitor was something by google. Not worth the cost when you can use an old smartphone. I got a fire 7 tablet (kind of big but i can see whithout my glasses) for $60 off of amazon to replace my monitor that I messed up. Not much lag to speak of in the throttle department. It will break traction at 20mph. I watched my boost on my way home today under wot and was at 27psi and saw 29psi when it shifted. Had to let off because I was going 85mph in a matter of seconds. Very noticeable difference between tow and hot using the sotf switch. Once it’s programmed you just use the sotf switch for different levels of power. This is my work/play truck so I keep it on level 3 which I think is 100hp and switch to level 2 for towing.
Thats good to know. I have spare phone laying around i can use. Sounds like that tune is working pretty good. I have my 5 inches exhaust coming in and i'm about to order a knock off no limit stage 2 intake. It use the same filter as the no limit and it coated to different color to match the truck and cost about 200 only.

how does the trans shifts and do you notice a different in the trans shifting when you chose a different power level?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SOTF switches simply de-tune (defuel) the high level tune. You only run one tune, the switch just pulls fuel at lower levels. It's probably fine, but I worry about timing advance and such when towing heavy, so I chose to stick with individual tunes.
so your saying its just defuel on different power level but the boost psi and timing stays the same?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered an Ez Lynk with Tyrant tunes for my 2014 today. I’ll let you know how it works out.
Please do, whats done on your truck? Also did you just purchase threw no limit or you call in and talk with someone?

·
Premium Member
11,630 Posts
so your saying its just defuel on different power level but the boost psi and timing stays the same?
More or less, that's what I'm saying. I'm no expert on tuning the 6.7 or any other engine, but the since the tunes are loaded into the PCM (and that takes time) my logic says that all the switch does is affect the fuel pressure on a given setting. I may be oversimplifying it and I may be completely wrong. It would be great if one of the real tuners would explain it in depth.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More or less, that's what I'm saying. I'm no expert on tuning the 6.7 or any other engine, but the since the tunes are loaded into the PCM (and that takes time) my logic says that all the switch does is affect the fuel pressure on a given setting. I may be oversimplifying it and I may be completely wrong. It would be great if one of the real tuners would explain it in depth.
Yeah coming from the import world with turbocharge and tuning on the dyno with full standalone. It doesn't sound too good if the switch is just detuning the fuel and not a actual new map per setting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah coming from the import world with turbocharge and tuning on the dyno with full standalone. It doesn't sound too good if the switch is just detuning the fuel and not a actual new map per setting.

Call & talk to NL. They’ll answer your questions & get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
You're talking about totally different things. The difference is with a full dyno tune is adjusting every parameter you can to squeeze out as much as you can without breaking it. The SOTF tunes are designed for max performance (if you buy up to that level) and with the switch, simply cuts fuel, timing and boost. So yes, they are safe, and are not changing the entire map of the truck on the fly, that would be ridiculous. This is my take on them, I could be wrong on it.

I personally don't care for them though, I don't really believe in them. Haven't been in a 6.7 with them, but my friend had an 06 LBZ with PPEI SOTF tunes, and I couldn't tell a difference when the switch was on 3, or 5. Only thing I could tell when it was on 5 is that it didn't have enough fuel which on a Dmax is a common problem with HP tunes.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The SOTF tunes are designed for max performance (if you buy up to that level) and with the switch, simply cuts fuel, timing and boost. So yes, they are safe, and are not changing the entire map of the truck on the fly, that would be ridiculous.
So with that in mind, when you are on a "single" tune (like the tow/brake), does it matter which position the switch is in?

I just got the EZLYNK with the Tyrant tunes, so still playing with the different levels using the SOTF switch, so can't comment yet on being able to tell the dif. I started on 2 and switched to 3 now. That seems like a good level so far.

The tow/brake tune if freakin' awesome for towing my 16K lbs 5th wheel!! Love it!!

Mark

1 - 20 of 43 Posts