Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it okay to run an extreme street tune daily?

·
The Lady Mod
8,515 Posts
My daily driver is a race file! It all depends on how you drive.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ted at ID said that's what he runs daily and it's safe and alot of people are running the extreme race daily too. I've been running the extreme street for about 300 miles and will contine too. I would run the extreme race but I'm a little gun shy about that. BTW I have a 04 f250 cc long bed with a 8" lift and 37's and I can smoke all 4. Great tune

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Xtreme race is my daily driver file for over a year now... So yes, you're good to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shu873, were you trying to say over a "year" now?

Would you guys still say it's safe to run extreme daily if you have stock engine. I've noticed that most have a lot of aftermarket goodies and studs. Is it easy to damage stock engines and transmissions. What about 4wd trucks?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Shu873, were you trying to say over a "year" now?

Would you guys still say it's safe to run extreme daily if you have stock engine. I've noticed that most have a lot of aftermarket goodies and studs. Is it easy to damage stock engines and transmissions. What about 4wd trucks?
I don't have any aftermarket goodies on mine. I was told that I would be fine without headstuds with the Xtreme Street. Now granted, I don't beat on my truck and I am sure if I was a 17 year old launching off every light, it may not be a safe setup. I am sure headstuds are required or at least highly recommended with an Xtreme Race file, but for a stock setup, you will be fine with the Xtreme street. Make the plunge. :thumb:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have been running extreme street for a couple of months and love it..If ya just keep an eye on yer gauges yall be fine...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys i have an 01 350 I have a sctxcal2 and my tunes are max power , tow torque, and tow power. Daily i run on the max power but i'm not that impressed with the tow power. Just wondering if you guys liked the extreme street. Or the extreme race I think I am going to get some new tunes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
is looney file also safe to run daily cause ive been runing it for a week or so now with it and it does fine in lower gears but when it gets into 4 and 5 it wants to take off lol

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
is looney file also safe to run daily cause ive been runing it for a week or so now with it and it does fine in lower gears but when it gets into 4 and 5 it wants to take off lol
That would be a problem for you, why??? :dunno::hehe::hehe::hehe:

I've run my extreme tunes as everyday drivers tunes for several months now with no problems.

·
Registered
564 Posts
oo its no problem at all that it wants to take off i love it but it just makes me want to get into it everytime lol

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I've been runnin Looney for about 5/6 months with no problems. And yeah, the truck really launches in 4 and 5, feels like you hit the afterburners.:hyper::happydance:

·
Registered
564 Posts
sure does feel like after burners lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
I run my extreme race file all the time. The only time it comes out is when I am pulling.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hear ya. Its feels super awesome when your truck wants to take off even without command! Makes you wonder what she'll do when you WOT it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts