Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an oil leak from my turbo pedestal orings i took the turbo off and replaced the oring got everything back together and then noticed that there is an exhaust leak in the back of the turbo hard to tell where from as u cant really see any ideas didnt do anything to the up-pipes no loss of power that i can notice no weird noises just smoke under the hood on acceleration

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
probably either, the collector ring isn't on correctly, or you didnt align the turbo with the collector. Theres an alignment pin that the turbo falls in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has to be lined up it really couldnt mount any other way besides before i put the clamp on the pipes were flush if the nipple wasnt lined up it wouldnt be flush u no

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
it can and has been done. Check the ccv tube, that mounts to the intake tube, wherethe "doghouse" is on d/s head. Maybe you forgot to connect it.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
is the downpipe clamped on correctly?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems like everything is on right flush before i put the clamp on the hose on the doghouse is on i mean theres no loss of power or anything i dont think its going to hurt anything if it leaks a little but im not tearing the turbo off again to fix it or at least not rightaway had almost 4 hours into figuring out a way to get that back clamp on if you guys have dont it before and have any itips for next time please let me no

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
i just laid on the motor and reached around and got it all together.
im tall and skinny though haha
its easier if you push the bolt through the clamp and hold the clamp in place and have someone else thread the nut on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts