Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 5" chrome banks tip on my truck. I'm really thinking about stepping up to a 7" or 8" most likely black. Can you guys post pics and sizes? I want to gauge the size compared to the truck, I'm just afraid to buy one and it be to ridiculously big. Oh BTW my truck has a 6" lift with 20s and 37s.

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
before work bump...

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I just put a 8" tip on my 03. It's levelled with 33's and it looks pretty good. My buddy has same 8" on a stock 05 and it looks good too. I wouldn't go much bigger that 8 with a stock ride height but with your lift you could go 10" and probably wouldn't look bad. What size exhaust pipe do you have currently (pipe not tip)
I have a pic, let me see if i can post in a minute

·
Premium Member
176 Posts

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet thanks! It's a 4" pipe btw.

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumpin it up

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
i think 8 would look really good on ur truck, with the lift and tires...Im leveled on 35s and have a 6inch tip, and im happy with it, but would really like to try a 7inch or 8inch tip

·
Registered
640 Posts
Here is my cousins 04.

Leveled on 35" Feirce Attitudes.

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a 4" pipe with a 6" tip and i love it. Any bigger and i think it would look silly, especially going from 4" to 8". My $.02

·
Registered
368 Posts
this is my truck when i had the 8in tip 6 in lift 35s

and now with a 6in tip and 6in lift 37s

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Don't go bigger then 2" bigger then the pipe coming in to it. Any bigger then its just like a fart can on a ricer :tard:

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 4" pipe with a 6" tip and i love it. Any bigger and i think it would look silly, especially going from 4" to 8". My $.02
Yeah thats kinda what I was thinking at first, but then I thought if it was tucked up well enough it wouldnt be as noticeable. But I think I may just step up to a 6 or 7 and call it good.

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
this is my truck when i had the 8in tip 6 in lift 35s

and now with a 6in tip and 6in lift 37s

I want you rear bumper and tailgate! Lol nice truck!

·
Registered
368 Posts
thanks!! the bumper and tailgate combo make a big difference! get a bumper first, they are cheaper and i liked the look of the bumper alot better even with the factory year tailgate

·
Registered
640 Posts
I want to do the entire rear end swap. Such a good look.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I have a 7" on my OBS. some say its too big. I like it. I dont think anything bigger than 7" looks any good at all. and 7 only looks decent if its on the right spot

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 10 in for sale if your interrested

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
Here's my 6" tip, I think this is the perfect size for our trucks. My truck is lifted 6" and has 35" tires...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts