·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to see how many have which kind. :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
im the "other" on the poll lol, love my diamond eye very cheap, aluminized, and a 4" downpipe :)

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
I'm an "other" guy too. It used to be an MBRP, TB with cat delete pipe. Then it was a TB with cat and muff delete pipes.....then....

I modified it :hehe: I bought a couple 45*'s, and hacked up the exhaust to use some of the straight parts and some of the curvy parts. Now it's a 4" TB MBRP "hybrid" straight pipe that dumps infront of the rear tire

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm an "other" guy too. It used to be an MBRP, TB with cat delete pipe. Then it was a TB with cat and muff delete pipes.....then....

I modified it :hehe: I bought a couple 45*'s, and hacked up the exhaust to use some of the straight parts and some of the curvy parts. Now it's a 4" TB MBRP "hybrid" straight pipe that dumps infront of the rear tire
Did it sound good with just the standard MBRP?

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
Did it sound good with just the standard MBRP?
Yes. With the full MBRP W/ muffler in place and cat test pipe it sounded nice. Fairly quiet at idle, a nice rumble on acceleration, and a REALLY nice roar on hard acceleration. Quiet at cruising speed.

With cat test pipe and muff delete, it was the same, just a little louder.

Now it's just a little louder still, it's still ok while cruising not bad at idle and just a bit obnoxious under acceleration :thumb:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump::bump:

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!!
254 Posts
MBRP 4" into 6" stacks here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stainless TB MBRP with cat delete :thumb:

·
Registered
484 Posts
pipes are pipes. just get the cheapest stainless one. if you stright pipe it they all sound the same.

·
Registered
2000 F350 Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4wd
1,425 Posts
4" Turbo Back Off-road Diamond Eye

·
Registered
591 Posts
My old truck had 3.5 MBRP dp and 5 inch pipe dumbed at the back of the cab. It sounded awsome, and it sounded like a pissed of elephant under WOT:woot:

·
Registered
136 Posts
MBRP Stainless TB "off road" Cool Duals w/ muffler delete. Sounds awesome, the only problem I have it that both sides of my bumper get stained black unless I clean it off every so often

·
Registered
182 Posts
BD Power X hail stainless turbo back 4" with cat delete, fit was good and it sounds awesome!!
EEEEAZY PEEZY to install too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
that is true 4in pipe is 4in pipe its all bent the same and all hollow.. only diff your gonna get is the guys who use mufflers and different sorts of tips.. personally i have 4in mprp tb into 5in silverline t to 6x48'' grandrock aussies so i like whoevers on sale and instock.. ps if anyone has gone from straight piped to usin a muffler or glasspack lemme know if you like the difference thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was looking at a Farm Boys 5" turbo back. Price seems good but non of you guys seem to have it to tell me about it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking at a Farm Boys 5" turbo back. Price seems good but non of you guys seem to have it to tell me about it...
well ive heard some good stuff about farmboys from my buddy with a cummins. there well known and like i said straight piped is all bent the same.. 5in is a pretty big set up my 4 barely fit but if it works i bet itll be good if the price is right id jump tho.. only thing i would think of is possibly a muffler/glasspack some backpressure may help even tho turbos are all about breathin.. 5in is a big breathe ya know wanna keep some backpressure youd think got carried away but hope it helps

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah got a farm boys 4 inch and my down pipe rubbed like a mother *&=% ended up takin it to a shop and he couldn't get it to work so now I got my 3 inch down pipe to the four inch sounds pretty good still just little frustrated bout the down pipe. Just my expierence

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah got a farm boys 4 inch and my down pipe rubbed like a mother *&=% ended up takin it to a shop and he couldn't get it to work so now I got my 3 inch down pipe to the four inch sounds pretty good still just little frustrated bout the down pipe. Just my expierence
The kit I was looking at has a 3.5" down pipe to 5" with a muffler. I think it will cure my EGT problem and sound kind of nice.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts