Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone help....there was a TSB on this issue.....
I have a exhaust smell in the cab during regen, when the AC is running and the truck is still...not traveling down the road. Today I noticed white/Blue
exhaust smoke around the hood area and coming out the Ac vent...This happened at a stop light with the foot on the brake and the truck in the regen process. I have also noticed exhaust smoke between the cab and the bed during regen with the truck not traveling down the road....

·
Registered
375 Posts

While they are not Ford products, we have a few '08 and '09 Sterling (Acterra) straight trucks with the 8.3L Cummins ISC engines (equipped with DPF). Two or three of them had that bad smell in the cab when the DPF was in "regen" mode. It did indeed turn out to be an exhaust leak underneath the passenger side of the cabin.

Sounds as though you may have the same problem with your Super Duty.

Good luck!
:nod:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You have an exhaust leak, if not modded and still under warranty take it back to the stealership.
Hey, just letting you know, we try not use stealership on here. If you have had a bad experience, sorry. But, that is, for the most part, an avoided word :thumb: Just letting you know before somebody flames ya for it!

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Hey, just letting you know, we try not use stealership on here. If you have had a bad experience, sorry. But, that is, for the most part, an avoided word :thumb: Just letting you know before somebody flames ya for it!
Thanks for the warning, it won't happen again.:doh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts