Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see there is a replacement down pipe is this a big plus to do i did the turbo system on my 06' and seemed the the stocker was quite flat. will the new down pipe help the egt's and power that much? or will it hurt more with out it on a modded truck running a big tune?
i am reading that some systems dont have mufflers is it that quiet with a free flow exhaust that you dont need a muffler?
last one what is the best sounding systems on the 6.4 i had good luck with mbrp and silverline on the 6.0's love them duals?
thanks ,Chris :thumb:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the single 5" from the turbo back and it sounds sick! Got it from cobbs:thumb:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do want the ability to install the dpf and cat if it needs servicing i see there is a few pipe dia. to choose from what will work with the stock parts. i dont care about for the filter back that will stay on even if it goes to the dealer just the forward parts.
Chris

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Cobb's will have a Flo-Pro ball and socket downpipe available very soon. He is taking pre-orders. This downpipe will have the capability of hooking the DPF/DOC back up to it if needed for dealer ship visits and emissions testing. EGT's are about 50 degrees lower and it helps with boost on top end.

The 5" exhaust systems have a deeper sound to them. I use to have a 5" downpipe back exhaust. I know have the Elite 4" downpipe into a 4" stack kit with a 6" stack. It's really loud.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks stroker , i am looking at the banks dual set up but it looks as though it has no muffler either how loud is it going to be with no dpf or cat just free flowing? anyone running the banks duals i like the quad tip but they say you have to ditch the spare which in not happening wonder how tight the fit is.
Chris

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
A muffler prevents some of the "rush of air sound" at idle, but keeps the aggressive WOT sound. Banks is pretty high priced in my opinion, but they do make prett good quality stuff. Hope everything works out good for you!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm already jealous of the 6.4L with the spartan tunes and just the DPF delete now this is going to make them even better. Have fun guys, you will have an even more awesome truck soon.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the banks is pricey may just do the mbrp cool duals like i had before them and silverline make nice kits. i used to get the 304ss kits but dont know if it worth the extra $$ over the 409ss kit they both have lifetime warranty and i sure don get under there and polish the pipes if i cant reach it on my knee it dont get cleaned. still wondering about the noise level of a full open system anyone run such item i know the mbrp was fairly loud wot just wondering if if it will be worse part thottle. is there any video of a open exaust here or on youtube?
thanks, Chris :noteworthy:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Downpipe and Exhaust

i see there is a replacement down pipe is this a big plus to do i did the turbo system on my 06' and seemed the the stocker was quite flat. will the new down pipe help the egt's and power that much? or will it hurt more with out it on a modded truck running a big tune?
i am reading that some systems dont have mufflers is it that quiet with a free flow exhaust that you dont need a muffler?
last one what is the best sounding systems on the 6.4 i had good luck with mbrp and silverline on the 6.0's love them duals?
thanks ,Chris :thumb:
Contact powerstroker67 about the exhaust. I got his full system that consists of downpipe (includes ball socket for later install of DPF if needed), DPF delete pipe, and Magnaflow back pipe. I am running no mufflers, just straight back wide open fun.

The truck sounds awesome and is really only loud when you put your foot in it. :thumb:

I know he has all pieces in stock and he ships immediately. He definitely built a good looking quality system and I have not had one problem with fit, finish, or use.

·
Registered
60 Posts
These trucks are pretty quiet stright piped, nothing compared to the 6.0's. On my 05 6.0 I ended up putting a muffler in to get rid of the drone and I can't see a 6.4 ever needing it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It seems the 5" would yield better performance due to being able to flow more air. Is it true what I have heard? That there are no performance differences between 4" and 5"? Only sound differences?

Also...can I get the 5" Flo-Pro WITH a muffler? I only see the 4" available with one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I asked that same question when shopping for mine. The guys at Elite told me that no real performance will be seen until you do some major mods and throw out big numbers. More than the current tunes will produce.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I guess it just doesn't seem logical that they would be the same. Seems that no matter what mods or horsepower levels that the 5" would yield better performance.

Oh well...maybe I'll go with the 4" then. I think I want the muffler to not have such a "whooshing" sound in the exhaust, and it looks like you can't get the 5" with a muffler. Is this correct?

The only reason I was thinking 5" was for the performance of it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cant think with your penis bigger does not mean better all the time smaller pipes in different applications have show better numbers. i think the 4" would be fine compared to the 5" i bet the only real difference is the sound. i am still a little in the air on a system myself.
Chris

·
Registered
88 Posts
HAHAHAH :doh:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone running the flo pro duals downpipe back system? just wondering how people like it and if the front pipes will drop ourt and allow the dpf/cat to be installed with a reducer anyone know?

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts