Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an 03 f250 7.3. I was thinking about getting an exhaust, the thing is iI have very low funds, a friend told me that since it already has a 3.5 inch exhaust with no cat from factory I could simply delete the muffler. I don't plan on to many mods (have K&N drop in filter and may get a programmer soon)nor do I drive very aggresively. I don't care if it's a bit louder, just curious if it's worth it or if anybody's done it. Maybe an 80 dollar investment, please you opinions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
80 bucks might get you a muff delete pipe... you can get aluminized in 4 or 5 inch for quit a bit cheaper than stainless, but then again, 80 bucks wont get you much... u could easily delete muff w/ straight pipe tho for 80 bucks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly and though I have found exhausts for about 300 I don't have funds. My buddy told me he did it and it worked great for him

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you don't have an abundance of funds, do a search for DIY Tymar intake. That'll fix you up.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I'd say do the muffler delete... I did it for free myself, but that's just cause I had the pipe and welder there... I did the tymar/DIY air filer (about $45) and unpluged the wastegate, and am quite pleased with the truck now... Noticeable diffrence. I did put in gauges, but doubt you'd have to do that to take advantage of the mods I've listed.
Good luck!
Greg

·
Lubrication Addict
236 Posts
These days, most of us are on a tight budget. There is nothing wrong with 1 mod at a time. Do your air intake first--K&N has a bad rep around most diesel forums. Then the muffler delete-Straight pipe it will give the most improvement. With out replacing the whole system with a 4" turbo back. Then get a good set of guages-->If your next step is a programmer.

Treat your truck with respect, and it will take care of U in the long haul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts