Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the money whats better. Aluminum or stainless exhaust. they are about $100 diff. in price. I'm looking into changing out my stock for a 4" alum. or stainless and need help deciding? I'm sure some one out there has done this. any suggestions
thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
i don't think performance wise there is much of a diff. i think the ss looks nicer and lasts longer but if your not worried about that stuff...... i guess it boils down to how long you are going to keep the truck. after a while they will look the same anyway. dirty.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Talk with farm boys diesel he is the exhaust man here! He will set you up with a deal my friend:nod:

·
Registered
450 Posts
your in LA right, the aluminized will be fine for you. someone like MBRP has a 3yr warranty on them so you'll be fine, let me know if you need a price on anything.

kyle

·
Registered
361 Posts
if youre not dealing with extreme weather, aluminized should be fine, unless youre going for a show look with 304SS

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
if youre not dealing with extreme weather, aluminized should be fine, unless youre going for a show look with 304SS
Yeah the 304 is a sweet show look! but 304 would run him about twice the price. I think for only 100 beans more he will be getting 409, right? T409 will still rust anyway(just not as soon), go for the aluminized you'll be good. :thumb:

later

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
mine is not stainless and its been fine plus its under the truck so i didnt really care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts