Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying an '01 CC duelly. The previous owner cut the original 3 1/2" exhaust pipe about half way back and had a muffler shop install a single 3" in and dual 2 1/2" out. How will this effect EGT,s and backpressure, power, etc.? Am I in the anger zone? I'm new to diesels, so any advice is helpful. Thanx.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Long as there is no muffler or cat and she is straight piped from the turbo out the back then that should work fine unless you build here for extreme power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am buying an '01 CC duelly. The previous owner cut the original 3 1/2" exhaust pipe about half way back and had a muffler shop install a single 3" in and dual 2 1/2" out. How will this effect EGT,s and backpressure, power, etc.? Am I in the anger zone? I'm new to diesels, so any advice is helpful. Thanx.
You are in the danger zone. you should get a 4" or bigger exhaust. the egt's will increase because there's less free flow because of the restriction. The restriction will hold you back on power because your engine is having to work more to push the exhaust out the smaller pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts