Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive got a quick question for you. i have a bone stock 2005 f250 6.0L and im not quite happy with the sound of the exhaust. i was thinking of doing a straight pipe converion, any thoughts suggestions opinions? anything will help.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes, do a 4" turbo back mbrp exhaust

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just thinking of doing a cat delete pipe and putting a straight pipe where the muffler is. and keeping the stock 3.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine is currently straight piped with the 3.5 and when it was untuned the sound wasnt so bad at WOT. Now that i run the looney tune it seems much louder when hossin' the pedal, sounds like a farm truck or what i call a clapping exhaust sound.

Normal driving its fine but when towing or running WOT i dont like the sound anymore. Its all in what you want. Im currently in the market for a 5" or a dual 4" mbrp kit.

·
Registered
897 Posts
For the price and quality just get the MBRP 4" turbo back. The install is not bad and it is a great sounding system :thumb:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just installed a straight pipe MBRP turbo back myself today with no help, and I am NOT mechanically inclined. The downpipe from the turbo is the hardest part. You will likely not be able to take apart the stock exhaust without cutting it. The pipes don't pull apart very easily at all.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Mine has a cat delete pipe and a diamond eye 4 inch cat back w/o muffler. I keep the stock down pipe. Sounds awesome. did it all myself. Sounds like a jet spooling up. You can't go wrong with the straight pipe.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Straight pipe sounds like chit. On a budget, you could delete the cat and weld in an aero muffler in place of the stocker.

Jason

·
Registered
151 Posts
i was just thinking of doing a cat delete pipe and putting a straight pipe where the muffler is. and keeping the stock 3.5" exhaust.
This is what I have on my truck. Has a little grunt to it but zero drone. It's alright for a cheap job.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
5" diamond eye IMO is the way to go...sounds good looks good barks good...heck I guess its juz all good!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i have 4 inch turbo back straight pipe ( no muff or cat ) i went with magnaflow stainless steel kit and a stainless steel tip from magnaflow. it was a cheaper kit than mbrp. and i am very pleased with the quality and sound. i dont think mbrp is a requirement i know there are many people that are satisfied with the cheaper kits from flo pro or diamond eye or magnaflow so if you dont wish to pay the full price of the mbrp maybe look at a cheaper kit and i dont think that you will be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts