Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 93 F350 Dually 7.3 IDI non turbo

I want to turn up my IP pump and I will get a Pyrometer. My question is what should I run exhaust wise. I was thinking taking off the cross over and run new from the manifolds back.

One should I run 2.5 Y or 3" Y and run 3" back.

Or should I run 2.5 Y or 3" Y and into 4" exhaust back. I was thinking running 3" Y with 3" back single exhaust. Help out with info you guys what have you found works the best? :doh:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ive seen some that are true duals no Y and sound very good. They say if you run duals that if its 2.5" that it equals 5".

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Dual 2.5" will not flow as much as 5", but it will be fine for your truck. I would run the duals with a crossover (h-pipe or x-pipe) to 3" mufflers and tailpipes. You could just add a turbo and run 4":D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to run a turbo if I could find a used one at a good price. Now if I run duall exhaust to the back and later get a turbo. I would have to redo the whole system correct. What if I ran 4" right off the bat. NOW if I ran single 4" or 3" what size should I run the Y. That is my major question what size should the Y be.

·
Registered
678 Posts
in order for your downpipes to flow as much as the single 4" you would need to use somewhere between 2.5" and 3" pipe.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I think 2 1/2" would be the best. It would be difficult to get 3" bent around everything and up to the manifolds. You could run 2 1/2" down step up to 3", but I don't think it will be necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts