Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for over an hour and I can't seem to find the answer to this question... I just ordered my delete pipe and tuner, what is the best thing to use when I go to remove the probes out of the stock exhaust? The best "spray" for the probes so I don't break them and can reuse the stock ones. Also, how long should I wait before I try to break the seal? It's a 2010 w/ 35k miles. Thanks for any advise!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
PB blaster works good and make sure you have a quality wrench if they feel locked up really tight. You can even apply heat if necessary. You don't want a cheap wrench that spreads and will round the head. What programmer are you using?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Okay cool I appreciate it. I've got a few wrenches that I think can get it done. And I got the DPF-R Tachyon. I heard that it works really well for guys that's just want a little extra power and different levels to choose from.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I'm getting ready to do my exhaust now and I am wondering if I'm supposed to reprogram the truck before I do the exhaust, or can I do the delete and then tune it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
imk0001 , I'd be interested in how this works out. I am trying to decide going this route OR with a Spartan. Huge price difference between the two

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Tune it. Make sure it starts with no codes, don't drive it. Once you start it just shut it down and remove the exhaust. It's best to use a line wrench that way you can get on them with a 6 sided wrench and not strip out the head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts