Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have an exhaust manifold leak on the drivers side rear part of the manifold. I know it's the metal gasket that has started to rot out. I want to fix this but i know that when I go to take off the bolts that they will most likely break. Also it's a lot of work involved in taking off the fender to get at the manifold. Has anyone found a good temporary fix (for now) for this problem or do I need to do the big job? My truck is a 97 F350 PSD with 127,000 miles.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
353 Posts
I dont know of any fix, but it sounds like you have done this before??? The exhaust manifold on these truck do NOT use a gasket from the factory, but there is one available for service...I got a gasket and 8 new bolts from IH for around 50 bucks. My driver side is leaking right now also. I dont know of any quick fix, I think you are going to need to remove the manifold....I would have the manifold surfaced flat when you get it off and possible a new gasket in conjunction with the flat manifold, should last a long time.

Good Luck,
Casey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks,

Yeah I go to Universal Technical Institute in Norwood, MA. I know a fair amount about cars, trucks and equipment. I have always worked on my own vehicles. I'm guessing that I'll just have to do the big job sometime soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts