Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently done the Bullet Proof oil cooler retrofit on my 6.0 Ford diesel. Everything came out great except I now have what sounds like a slight pressurized sounding hiss coming from the passenger side of the motor. My eyes also start to burn a little when I'm trying to isolate where the hiss is coming from. Is it possible that I may have an exhaust leak and, if so, is there a test that I can perform to confirm my suspicion?

·
Registered
534 Posts
You need to make sure you have both exhaust pipes lined up right to the turbo. I bet that is your problem or you may have a cracked flex joint in the Y pipe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help! I've posted the same question on a few forums and the consensus has been the same: exhaust leak at the connection with the turbo. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Do you have an egr delete? If so it most likely came with a single replacment pipe that eliminates that section of belows. So if the pipe is gone and you have exhaust leak it could be coming from your y-pipe. But first, like mentioned, check your connections.

Maryland diesel and elite diesel sell stock y pipes with upgraded flex mesh sections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts