Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first time on here but was hoping yall could help. I have a 2001 f250 power stroke it's a 6 speed has a open air filter and a ts 6 position chip. My problem is the exhaust I like the 4 inch with the 5 inch tip but wanted it louder . I saw it did not have a cat so I just had the muffler taken off basically making it straight piped but after I left the muffler shop it wasn't any louder. It bugs me cause this is my 3 psd and it's the quitest. I've seen and heard many like this with straight pipe and they sound good mine however does not. So my question is why did it not have a cat because it looks to be all factory before I had the muffled deleted and is there something I'm missing that might be the problem thanks

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Most super duty's dont have cats. These aren't noisy trucks, exhaust wise. Just motor wise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I removed the nasty hood insulation and it made a difference. Does the 01 have a hood liner?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Yes an 01 does. Also doing the foil delete helps out w/ turbo noise a LOT. Makes it sing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts