Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went the cheap way out, had my local exhaust shop cut out my kitty and my muffler and 3.5" straight to the tailpipe. Start up she sounds sweet, idle is deep and not too loud, w.o.t. OMG!!! Someone opened the doors to hell.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Further review, at cruising it is no louder than stock, at 1/4 throttle it has a nice deep grow. I still can't believe how "stealth" it is under normal driving conditions.
The best $85 I have ever spent. I will post pics and a video later.

BTW, moderators, if this should be in the performance parts discussion, feel free to move it. Since I didn't install a "name brand" performance part, I felt it should go here. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I am waiting for my warrenty to end then I am going to do the same...:woot: only a couple months
I dont know what dealership you go to but all the ford dealers by me have no problem with exhaust or an intake. The dealer that just did my headstuds, put ARPs in there and the tech said my SCT was a nice chip :hehe:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know what dealership you go to but all the ford dealers by me have no problem with exhaust or an intake. The dealer that just did my headstuds, put ARPs in there and the tech said my SCT was a nice chip :hehe:
:thumb:

Technically, a dealer can NOT deny you warranty coverage for an aftermarket exhaust system. We are protected under something called the Magnuson-Moss Act. Only if the aftermarket part caused the problem could they deny you. IE, new aftermarket valve body in the transmission and the tranny blows up, or a set of high compression pistons and the engine lets go.

A Businessperson's Guide to Federal Warranty Law

Now, if you went to the dealer with an aftermarket exhaust system and was needed warranty work on your muffler, than that is a different story.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I am waiting for my warrenty to end then I am going to do the same...:woot: only a couple months
You say this with a signature that indicates "tuned" and "gauges?":dunno: They are a million times more likely to (try) and void a warranty over gauges and tuning than an exhaust system. Waiting is pointless, but whatever floats your boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts